Just one more lil' prayer please ~ Update on page 4.

that's about the way some people are, taking advantage of others hardships. That just makes me so mad. I am getting to where I just can't stand some people anymore. I know that not right for me to feel that way, but it is going to get worse way before it gets better.

I will pray for a speedy recovery for your daughter and also that your birds come home too.

Maybe whoever got the eggs will get sick from eating them. Sorry, had to vent on this one.

Ahhh, Stacy, just read this thread, so glad your daughter is doing well, sending prayer's your way.

What a rat to let your birds out!!!!!! And take your eggs!!!! Some people will do just about anything. Hope you get your birds back, again, so sorry!
sad.png

Anh..we pick up eggs every day.. LOL!! So I doubt that they'll get sick.. no rotten ones to be found... but oh well. If it's who I thought it was...kids... they'll probably just throw the eggs and hit trees with them or something anyway.

I'll put an ad up at the local feed store and the little gas station/grocery store in town to try and get the peacock back, but I'd be willing to bet I'll never see him again. Whomever saw a 'free peacock' roaming around the street and got out of that car to go after him chased him pretty dang far back into the woods on the other side of the field.
sad.png
He's a real beauty too.

I'll have to find another black shoulder sometime I guess to have purebreds of those again if I don't get him back. There's an awful lot of hunters around this area...

On the good side though (and more important in the big scheme), I just talked to my husband again (I keep bugging him!) and Michaela got up and went potty finally so they can now take out the IV. She also managed to eat some dinner and they have the pain under control. She's currently got bright red lips from a popsicle!
smile.png
I'm sure she loved that too! LOL!!! I miss them both already and it's only been a few hours. All the other kids talked to their sister and told her they missed her. I think that made her feel a bit better and definately a bit more loved.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes! I told her how everyone said a prayer for her. She smiled.
smile.png
Worth it's weight in gold right there, I promise you that.

Stacy

Looks like they are going to keep her for another day after all. She's developed some sort of lung problem from the tube down her throat during surgery. The Dr. told my husband that that was common, but they want to keep an eye on her, as her she had a slight fever and is still having a lot of pain problems. Bummer...
sad.png

Stacy

Well, add another day on now. She threw up again and her pain just isn't being controlled at all.
sad.png
She's not getting food to stay down, the little that she is managing to eat. She was feeling 'ok' earlier, but I guess took a turn for the worse since they switched the pain meds again.

I really like this hosp. and the care they are taking...but if I could say one complaint..they made a HUGE deal of calling us the day before the surgery and telling us all about the extremes they were going to take to make sure her pain was completely controlled and as of yet, her pain is rarely under control... She's only six..a smart six, but still... I'm starting to think she's got to be thinking we're awful people at this point...for putting her through this and telling her she'd be fine and it wouldn't be any big deal.

Just thought I'd update again. Just rambling.....

Stacy

The intubation tube is one of the worst things...just thinking about it makes me feel it going down...blech...and that was over 35 years ago..

Hugs to the little one and I hope Mr. Peacock comes home.

No sign of the peacock today at all. Didn't even hear him calling across the field or anything and I can hear the peacock calling back to ours that's two roads away...so if he were anywhere over there, I'd a heard him.
sad.png
Total bummer! The pheasant hens are gone too. I'm sure we'll hear gunshots here by tomorrow or Sunday. They go wacko thinking they are seeing 'wild pheasants' when our birds get loose around here and just start shooting.
To be honest, I haven't even thought about the birds much at all today... I must've called my husband 40 times at the hosp. today though...

Stacy

I'm so sorry to hear they are not controlling her pain. I would be livid and in their faces. My oldest DD had to be admitted for dehydration once and they left her two hours before they tried to IV her. The nurse doing it kept getting mad when DD would jump as she stuck her. DD was only two at the time what did she expect. It did not take her long to excuse herself and get someone else to do it. She knew she had pushed the wrong mother the wrong way!

I hope things improve for your daughter in a hurry.

Well, Michaela is out of the hosp. as of 10AM this morning. Her daddy keeps worrying that it's something 'more' since she's having such hard time with the gas, but he just doesn't get that that's how it goes sometimes and it's even worse with her being so young and trying to hold it in vs. trying to work it out.
Anyway, she's on yet another round of antibiotics and still has pain meds, but she's home, we're working on it, she's eating egg 'salad' (Ok, hard boiled eggs with mustard and mayo) right now and thankfully is liking it (she's too dang skinny now and she's got such big black circles uner her eyes!).
We took her to Walmart to get their new pool today and some woman in the bathroom said, "that baby looks sick!". I just turned around (we were washing our hands) and looked at her and said, "yes, she IS! She just had an operation and has BEEN sick for two months" and then took Tater's hand and walked out of the bathroom. Hrumph! Like I don't take CARE of my kids... <sigh> We were trying to get her to be UP and walking around since the Dr.s said that she's got to be up and walk around to process the gas through.
Anyway, she's home and I've got my hands on taking over her care now. I'm just gonna do what I need to do and pray that I can take the best care possible to get her back into good physical shape as fast and well as possible.
Stacy

Back
Top Bottom