1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just one phone call

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Fluffballs, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    Wow! If I could describe my feelings right now, this is what they would be: YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Boohooo!!!! Why such dramatic feelings? Well, our family has had an offer on a house for awhile. It was a short sale, meaning that once the family had accepted our offer, we would have to wait for the bank to accept our offer. And wait we did! About two and a half months we had waited when we received communication from the bank. They were asking for a signature on some paper. Oh! We thought. They're actually doing something! Hmmm, they might accept soon! But a month later and nothing further had happened. We joked that the bank has a stack of work to do and once they've done something on a paper, it goes to the bottom of the pile. So, we waited some more and got prepared for a long while of more waiting. In fact, just today my mom sent an email to a friend saying that we'll be waiting awhile for the bank to do something. However, she just got proven wrong. At 6-ish we got a phone call from my aunt/our family's real estate agent saying that our offer had been accepted. Moreover, the closing date on the house was the 24th- of April!!! Well, she said she'd try to get that changed to a later date but still!!! So very soon we are moving to the country! We will get chickens (yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), maybe goats, have a BIG garden, and more. We're going to rent the house we live in now, and I'm glad because I'd be a little too sad if we sold it. It's the house that I've lived in all my life. Well, what more can I say? Wow. It's amazing what just one phone call can do.

~Fluffballs

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yeah the term "short" sale fools a lot of people. It does NOT mean short time frame, it means the selling price is "short" of what the mortgage on the property is.

3. texas75563

texas75563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    Congrats Fluffballs! The country, chickens, fresh air, garden, and livestock, sure beats the city or urban life. I'm sure the waiting sucked. Thats never been 1 of my strong points. I hate waiting. You got a lot to look forward to now. Good luck!

4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Congratulations!

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Congratulations! Pictures? i love seeing others places. [​IMG]

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    How exciting -- congrats! [​IMG]

7. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    It's not much now. The former owners didn't do much with the 10 acres (half are trees). It will be a lot of work, but it will be fun! Sorry, I can't get a picture to load, this computer is being wacky!

8. UnderHisWings

UnderHisWings Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2012
    Oregon!
    Pretty Crazy- Very Exciting!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by