just orderd my first incubator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chantecler, Dec 31, 2008.

1. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    Hey all

I just ordered my very first incubator!! Hovabator 1588, with egg turner! I am very excited and just wanted to share info with folks that would actually think I wasn't nuts!!

Can't wait to start hatching!! [​IMG]

2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Excellent bator! [​IMG] good luck with your future hatches!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS [​IMG]

Sure you will have tons of fun with it !!!! Now you will tons of babies running around and wont be able to stop !! Then we will think your nuts [​IMG]

Good luck with all your hatches [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I loved my 1588 so much I just bought another one.
    If you just put warm water in it every 2 to 3 days where it tells you to and leave it alone THEY WILL HATCH.
    Good luck.

5. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    Thanks guys!

I'm going to throw in a few of my mixed eggs as soon as I get it. (well as soon as it is set up and ready...) I have chantecler white and partridge hens, australop(sp?) hens and a mix and an auracana (sp?) hen with a white and one partridge chantie roosters and a BO rooster. I can't wait to see what my mutts will look like. This spring I will separate them and put them in the "love-shack" in order to get my pure bred chanties but I want to try it out now. I can't wait for the snow to melt to get the "love-shack"....[​IMG]

6. Heritage Hens

Heritage Hens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2008
    Central Vermont area
    I also bought and used that model this past spring and had excellent luck. this spring I will incubate again. but this time I will use small wire "boxes" inside to separate the different hatches. I thought I could keep track with pencil markings on the shells, but that was not very successful for the most part.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by