Just ordered!!!

peeps7

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
North Carolina
I decided to make my own jumbo cornish crosses, sooooooooooo I ordered 5 standard white-laced red cornish pullets and a white rock rooster. I'm so excited!! Wish me luck, they will be here in April.
wee.gif

Good luck, just so you aren't disapointed, they won't be as big or fast growing as cornish x's, because the parent strains for those meat birds have 40 years of selective breeding for each parent strains so the offspring are even bigger.

Well... Some people are working on meat birds so you might want to see if you can't find their posts... something tells me they won't grow nearly as fast as the cornish x and they will be meatier than your dual purpose birds... but still take as much time to get big enough...

I can't say for sure, depends on how big the parents get. Their kids will look like and grow like their parents.

Cornish and rock parents of the meat birds grow very fast and are on restricted diets so they can make the cornish x meat birds you normally buy.

Dunno about the kinds you ordered. Can't hurt to try though.

Ok, I got the standard cornish hens (8lbs plucked and in the freezer) and a white rock rooster (10 1/2lbs plucked and in the freezer, lol). Well, it can't hurt to try. Maybe just a couple more weeks after 8 weeks old and they'll be big. I'll let ya'll know how they turn out but first I have to let the parents grow up before they can make their own babies, lol.

Back
Top Bottom