Just Out of Curiosity, What In the Heck ARE YOU?!

Noodlez

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Orient, Ohio
Hiya,
Ohio reporting in.

I've got myself a tiny flock, but it's apparently full of weirdos. I've looked and looked and looked, and have yet to find anything that looks like some of my girls so far.

I bought my lot from Meyer back in May but picked them up as day-olds back in July. Now obviously, at 6-weeks old, they're going to keep growing and changing--but probably won't change as drastically as they already have.

Now, when I ordered them, I ordered two EE pullets, two Buff Orpington pullets, a Dark Cornish pullet, a Barred Plymouth Rock pullet, a Delaware pullet, and two randoms. However, one of my Orpingtons died from some kind of infection. I thought when I got this yellow little chick--this one random, I thought, "sure, that's cool, obviously an orpington". Then I thought "definitely an EE" then her comb came in single, so yeah, probably not.

Smoke
6-Weeks
Pullet (I'm pretty confident in that)
Single comb
She was little and yellow, now she's almost RIR-colored minus some random brown pencilled feathers.

Launchpad
6-Weeks
Likely a pullet
We thought she was the Dark Cornish because she was dark and Chickity was light when they were little, but now Chickity is black and Launchpad turned light. Looks more like some kind of Silver Pencilled Rock and less like even an EE. But grey legs and feet.
Looks like a peacomb so far. Hers is very small.

Weird though, the shafts of her feathers are all really visibly white. Her head and hackle are light gray but the rest of her is like tree-bark colored with pencilled feathers.

Chickity Chick-Chick
6-Weeks
Pullet
Used to think EE, but now thinking she's the Dark Cornish.
If her unfeathered-out face indicates anything, she used to be really light brown and looked almost exactly like a lighter version of our other EE. But she's since turned black with yellow legs--our other EE has grey/brown legs.

Stitch
6-Weeks
Unknown gender
Rowdy, playful behavior, stands in bowls and kicks whatever is in it, out--but strangely enough, doesn't do that to their real feeder.
Large feet kind of make me think it might be a boy, but unsure.

Looks like the beginnings of a rose comb. Grey legs.

Started off black with yellow spots--tips of wings were white. Then turned stripe-y like our Barred Rock, but more bold white bands, and has consistently been much smaller. I was looking at Meyer's site. I'm thinking Dominique. The Barred Rock bantams weren't being produced at that time, and the rose comb are my reasoning behind that assumption. Sorry I don't have a picture of Stitch's face. I'll find my camera later.

So, if anyone has any ideas about what my little weirdos might be, I'm all ears.

Hiya,
Ohio reporting in.

I've got myself a tiny flock, but it's apparently full of weirdos. I've looked and looked and looked, and have yet to find anything that looks like some of my girls so far.

I bought my lot from Meyer back in May but picked them up as day-olds back in July. Now obviously, at 6-weeks old, they're going to keep growing and changing--but probably won't change as drastically as they already have.

Now, when I ordered them, I ordered two EE pullets, two Buff Orpington pullets, a Dark Cornish pullet, a Barred Plymouth Rock pullet, a Delaware pullet, and two randoms. However, one of my Orpingtons died from some kind of infection. I thought when I got this yellow little chick--this one random, I thought, "sure, that's cool, obviously an orpington". Then I thought "definitely an EE" then her comb came in single, so yeah, probably not.

Smoke
6-Weeks
Pullet (I'm pretty confident in that)
Single comb
She was little and yellow, now she's almost RIR-colored minus some random brown pencilled feathers.
"Production Red" (hatchery Rhode Island Red) pullet.

Could be an Easter Egger (sold by hatcheries as "Americanas" or "Americana/Araucana") pullet.

Dark Cornish pullet.

If the comb's a rose comb, you have a Dominique. Otherwise, you could have a Barred Plymouth Rock.

Thank you so much, Wyandottes7!

I'll bet you're right about all of them. Kind of bummed about Launchpad--our other EE has her favorite people but she'll just hop right into your lap or on shoulders.

And Launch is the polar opposite. And the size difference. But it makes sense.

Stitch HAS a face, but was pretty sure that Stitch was a black production for a few days, then a barred rock, but now Dominique. Was worried for a while because Stitch waited until the rest of them were about 85% feathered out to even start getting some little feathers.. Still the smallest by a large margin. Thinking that's what's up.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Is it a ciinnamon queen?

I guess it could be. She's not quite red enough to be a RIR or a NHR or even a production (RI redxNH white) quite yet. So, whatever Meyer does to get their productions, it's entirely possible.

Thank you. After reading on Cinnamon Queens and Cherry Eggers, I want both. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom