Just postin' some pics. More added

JJMR - I was told that she is an Italian Coturnix. I don't really know. This is my first time with quail that are not the wild type. I found a reference to them at Vega farms (?). I will look it up and give you the addy. in just a moment.

http://www.vegafarm.com/quail.htm
Didn't take me as long as I thought it would.

Last edited:
I Guess Thats The Difference Between Golden Speckled And Italian... I Really Like That Patern Tho--- Very Attractive And Uncommon In Goldens. If I Am Correct In My Guess Of Sex On Your Tibetan (using Deerman's Teachings--- I Have Pm'd Him To Ask For Confirmation) Your Tibetan Is A Roo. --- Lemme Stress This Is A Guess Using A New To Me Teaching, So I May Be Wrong....

The camera I use was a gift from hubby - Kodak Easy Share DX4530. I love it!!! Small,light and portable. I will never give up my Cannon but this little Kodak is right up there.

Thank you siriradha.
JJMR Hopefully the breeder that I got her from will have some more next week. I need to call him tomorrow and see if I can still come over. I really would like to have a couple more like her. Are you talking about his beak color? It being a darker color? Was that Deermans advice I read or was that Monarcs?

Beak Color Is Misinformation Or At Least Subject To Being Wrong Frequently.

From My Understanding, As Deerman States, The Males Always Have A Darker Neck Around The Face And Under The Chin---

Look At Pic 2--- If Thats Correct The Bird In Pic 2 Is Almost Black In Those Areas And That Would Make It A Roo--- Again I'm Just Learning This. I Have Sent A Pm To Deerman Asking Him To Look And Either Confirm Or Deny My Suspicion On This(see If I Am Getting This Discipline Down Or Not...)

Now You Bring Him Over Here And We Look Up The Skirt So To Speak And I Can Tell You Almost Without A Doubt. Or If It Were The Usual Colors Where You Can See Speckling Or Redness In Feathers I Could Tell You. But I Am New To Deermans Forgotten Art So I Am Still Trying To Master It---

Thanx For The Pic Btw--- It Gave Me Another Chance To Practice This!
smile.png

Here is another pic of the same bird - Better to see the neck.

16250_100_2874.jpg

Are we talking about the black line that runs from the beak to the ears? Or from ears to chin?

I would have loved to get some of her quails before she got out. She had some beautiful ones.

I Beleive Its The Area More Where The Neck Meets The Body And Under The Chin As Well.... Not The Actual Lines Form The "mask" As Hens Will Have That Too And It Varies Greatly From Bird To Bird No Matter What Sex... Thats Why I Say Its A Guess At This Point-- I Havent Mastered It Yet...

Niki Had Some Wondeful Stock. Its A Shame Her Work Will Be Set Back, But I'm Sure She'll Be Hard At It Again In No Time. And With A Lil Apprentice To Boot.

Back
Top Bottom