Just processed out at 67lbs

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Please feel free to carry it out. Soooooo many more devious thoughts. You couldn't even imagine.
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Please feel free to carry it out. Soooooo many more devious thoughts. You couldn't even imagine.
gig.gif

As my African Grey says in a very evil tone Wha A A A

You will be happy to know the guy has agreed to do $500 of work for free. Our Mortgage guy came out to discuss the problem with him today. This is what they settled on. We took a very small construction loan just so we would have the mortgage guy and the title company deal with everything. That way no one can come back later and say they are still owed money. He agreed and signed so we are good. he is done painting and will get the bathroom, 2 foyers, and the kitchen tiled in the next two days. Our mortgage guy is really a tough cookie for us. Glad I talked my husband into getting a loan. I wouldn't have sold the turkey for that amount, but he violated our contract that specifically stated no dog. The mortgage guy said would could ask for more and we would get it. I'm sorta happy with that. I still miss Mr Blue though.

Quote:
His hatch date was 5/5/2011. BBW grow really large and some strains have been getting just hugh. The strain at the hatchery I got them from is one of them. They may grow big, but they don't seem to have the leg problems of other strains. I did have one that had some weird anomalies and developed a hernia. He was super tall. I like the gentleness of the BBW, as I have an 8 year old that gets in there with them just like me. The hens especially like it when he climbs into the nest box with them. They like to cover him with hay and will cuddle with him. I don't know if they are mothering him or think he is a flock mate. I do know that at a particular time of day they will stand facing the intersection of the road and the driveway and turk really loud. It's right around the time the bus pulls up. They get just crazy when he gets off, and call for him until he comes all the way up there. Then they make this funny plucking noise. They do the same thing when one of them has wandered off and returns. I love my turkeys.

Horse Feather NV sadly I live in Wisconsin where it's illegal to shot someones dog, cat, or probably gerbil.

Sorry to hear about your beautiful turkey.....:hit
I also live in Wisconsin have lived here my whole life and just for your future references that is not true...you surely can shoot the neighbors dog if they kill your live stock....... I have done it, and threaded too a couple other times that the witch up the road called the police because, I told her if I caught her dog chasing my horses 1 more time, it was gonna be a dead dog!!!!!

The cops had to come out to write a report so I asked them and they said if the dogs is causing havoc with your animals, and the owner will not control the dog Which now I had proof of it because she called them on me threatening her an the dog which was not true I only threatened the dog. anyway That I could shoot it and not get charged ..... also if it killed any of my animals.
He said if the dog chases the horses through the fence they could injure someone or cause an accident.that ultimately would leave me responsible, and had it been him he would also shoot the dog...... So whoever told you it's illegal was wrong.. Kim.

Last edited:
Thanks for the sentiment! Gracie and Eva have stopped beating the snot out of the other two toms. Well mostly, They still get jealous when I give Big Boy or Chester too much attention. Both are also going broody, so now I'm really missing Mr. Blue as he would have been the perfect specimen to milk so the girls had fertilized eggs. Oh well maybe I can find them some eggs to sit. Not that my husband wanted to help with AI anyway.

As for who told us that we couldn't shoot a domesticated possible pet, it was the sheriff. We had a problem with a cat terrorizing our chickens and we didn't know if it belonged to anyone. It eventually killed one. We don't know if it belonged to anyone, but as it turns our we chased it so far up the hill to our neighbors that it found a new home. They opened their door one day and in he ran. He was declawed and neutered by whomever used to own him before, and our neighbors have taken very good care of him since. I thought he had died from poisoning as I poison rats and mice, but he's still alive and well just not starving to death and trying to catch a chicken.

Anyway the Sheriff stated that if we killed it and it belonged to someone we could be charged. With what I don't know as we never really went into that.

My three horses would love to have a neighbor with a dog. They all want to play with it. You should see them when they see a dog they almost wag their tails. They get the same way over the fox. They can't even eat they want to play so bad. Our horses are still young coming three and four year olds. My husband and son would love a dog too, but I just don't want to deal with training one. That and I have parrots and my African Grey absolutely hates dogs. That being said I dont want to trade neighbors as ours are absolutley wonderful and we wouldn't trade them for the world. Thankfully we got the good ones.

Hate to ask ...but what is a BBW ? I know of BBB's and a few others , but I'm still learning

Broad Breasted White. Pretty much the standard turkey at the grocery store, but raised on my farm. I like the way the white clean up. The White Holland and the Miget and or Beltsville Whites (depending on who you talk to) look just like them, but in smaller sizes. I'm going to get some of those this year too.

LL

Here is Little Tommy, one of my last years turkeys. He is wearing boots to keep him off the hens. BBW and BBB cannot mate naturally as they are too large in the breast. They still try and the results are deep gashes on my girls, so boots are used to protect the hens. I think the toms like having warm toes too. Course the girls get dresses made out of my 8 year olds shirts to add protection. When I use a black turtle neck with the sleeves cut out it looks like a little black dress. All they need are pearls!

Hope that helps answer your question.

l me his name isn't puss.

RobertH
Broad Breasted White. Pretty much the standard turkey at the grocery store, but raised on my farm. I like the way the white clean up. The White Holland and the Miget and or Beltsville Whites (depending on who you talk to) look just like them, but in smaller sizes. I'm going to get some of those this year too.

LL

Here is Little Tommy, one of my last years turkeys. He is wearing boots to keep him off the hens. BBW and BBB cannot mate naturally as they are too large in the breast. They still try and the results are deep gashes on my girls, so boots are used to protect the hens. I think the toms like having warm toes too. Course the girls get dresses made out of my 8 year olds shirts to add protection. When I use a black turtle neck with the sleeves cut out it looks like a little black dress. All they need are pearls!

Hope that helps answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom