Just pulled a guinea out of the pond...

Quote:
Ours is a 3/4 acre pond that's 9 feet deep in the center...if the dog had not alerted us to the fact that the guinea was in the pond I would have never seen her until we found her floating dead...probably the next day.

Quote:
This MAY be a little off topic, but how do you tell the difference between "Guinea in th pond", "Timmy fell in the well", my dogs favorite "Squirrel ran up this tree" barks ??? I thought I had them figured out , grabbed the rope and went to save Timmy, but NO the dogs are looking up the tree and there is the squirel. I'm starting to think its the same bark no matter what.

My dogs are inside dogs and I'm at home all day long, so I spend a lot of time with them...they are also very vocal dogs. They talk this "Wookie" talk and have different inflections for the different emotions. There is a particular inflection to the "I need your attention...come here" bark. If you spend a lot of time with your dogs you get to know them very well.

It's not any different than a mother being able to tell by her baby's cry that the baby is hungry, wet, angry, in trouble, and so on.

Couldn't agree more, my dog has a language I understand and the same goes for my two cats........I know the difference of their "calls" too.

Quote:
My dogs are inside dogs and I'm at home all day long, so I spend a lot of time with them...they are also very vocal dogs. They talk this "Wookie" talk and have different inflections for the different emotions. There is a particular inflection to the "I need your attention...come here" bark. If you spend a lot of time with your dogs you get to know them very well.

It's not any different than a mother being able to tell by her baby's cry that the baby is hungry, wet, angry, in trouble, and so on.

Couldn't agree more, my dog has a language I understand and the same goes for my two cats........I know the difference of their "calls" too.

Yea, I didn't think about the cats...same here. We have three cats that are rescue cats...a Mom and two babies. The Momma kitty is the biggest nag in the world!! I have never known a cat that was as big a nag as she is...she's always got something to fuss about.

Back
Top Bottom