Just rambling...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Willowbrook, May 28, 2010.

1. Willowbrook

Willowbrook Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    western PA
    I love my ducks. Really I do. BUT...brooding ducklings is one of the least desirable things I do. Talk about filthy little beasts that make a mess in 30 seconds or less!

2. Bryanccfshr

Bryanccfshr Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2010
    Farmington , NM
    Agreed.

3. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    That's why we call them Yucklings! LOL!! [​IMG]

Mine are 3 wks old today and went out to the duck house lastnight. Now instead of scooping gross wet bedding out of the brooder I can just rake out their house into their run.

4. chasing ducks

chasing ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    New Hampshire
    LOL thats why I have an outdoor brooder with a wire floor! Did the indoor thing once and OMG never again!!!!

5. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    I don't have an outdoor space to brood with elec. So in the house they are, and yeah, uck! Currently brooding 41. LOL, labor of love, labor of love.........[​IMG] Luckily, my older group of 16 will move out next week. Doing the happy dance over that, seriously. And we are done for the year, sooooo probably less than a month away from a bird free home! [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have had a brooder inside almost constanly since August. There has been a stretch of a week or so between sometimes...But when I had no ducklings...There was chickens....or Quail... I am just used to it now..Its so much part of my daily routine I actually hate seeing the floorspace empty !! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by