Just sat 37 eggs. Hatch date of Jan 12th and january 19th.

YAY! more hatchers! lol.

so far every egg looks good... and I mis counted... I have 42 eggs... not 37.... I swear i didnt add more the next day or anything...
hide.gif

My banty Wyandotte went broody, so I set 4 fertilized eggs under her. The father is a pure black Ameraucana, and I don't know what breeds the 4 mothers are. I can't wait to see what the chicks look like. They are also due on the 12th
big_smile.png
Any tips for candling brown eggs ?

Quote:
As long as your flashlight is strong and you're in a dark place, it is pretty easy to see inside brown eggs.
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
that's awesome that they all look good! Are they shipped eggs!? I think I have 19 growing out of thirty two. I will know for sure when I check next week.

Quote:
I would probably just leave it if you aren't sure. Unless it starts smelling bad
smile.png
. It might be easier to see in a few more days. That will be neat to find out what color the babies are! I am waiting until my 10 week old roosters grow up so my hens can start hatching their eggs. This summer is going to be fun!!
jumpy.gif

Put 9 eggs into a still air incubator on 12/24 and I'll candle on 12/31 to see if anything is happening. These are from my chicks I got in June and they just started laying about a month ago. We'll see what happens! Anyone else a novice or any suggestions?

Quote:
lau.gif
that's awesome that they all look good! Are they shipped eggs!? I think I have 19 growing out of thirty two. I will know for sure when I check next week.

most of them are from my flock or my friends flock who only lives a mile down the road from me:)

Well all of my eggs from my friend died, not quite sure what happened but none of mine died. So I still have 16 eggs in the incubator, hopefully I will atleast get 1 to hatch! lol

I think this thread has died! Well I only have 6 more days to wait! I am going to candle and see how everything is doing! IM EXCITED!
fl.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom