Just saying hello

Godless

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2019
Scotland
Hi all. Just signed up having read many of the threads here over the years, finally decided to go all in :)

I've kept hens and ducks for around 5 years a mix of breeds.
We currently have 10 ducks:-
- breeding trio of Saxony ducks
- An East Indian game female which we breed with a Cayuga/East Indian cross male.
The rest are all females we don't breed from but they include a chocolate khaki Campbell, a white cherry valley and 3 mixed breed ducks, 2 of which are Saxony/East Indian game mistakes. (no idea how he managed it as they were separated by a fence) they do say nature always finds a way :)

We have just 13 hens for now and a cockerel, less than we've had for a few years: -
- Cockerel is a cream legbar (finally a fertile one)
- 4 cream legbars
- a White Sussex (now 7 to 8 years old, she was one of our first batch of rescue hens and was 2 1/2 when we got her)
- a Barnevelder
- a chocolate Maran
- 2 bluebells
- 3 rescue hens thinks they were gold-star
- and a mixed breed bantam.

I build my own incubators, brooder-boxes and sheds and I'm currently hatching batches of Cream legbars having tried for the last 3 years to get a breading group together.

hoping I can offer some help here and there, but usually here learning for others with more experience.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

FARMER CON BALLONS COPY.gif FarmerConnieWel878867byc.gif FARMER CON BALLONS COPY.gif

Back
Top Bottom