Just Saying Howdy!

leflic14

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2018
Hello fellow Chicken enthusiasts!
I have been following BackYard Chickens "forever", and today decided it was time to join the flock because I have wanted to comment so many times on all the amazing projects, and articles that have been posted on this site. I have watched this community grow at an amazing rate and flourish with the volumes of unique ideas and problem solving techniques regarding flock management. I can't begin to tell you all how much I have learned from all of your posts. When I have a problem or question about my flock, I just look here and you have all most likely already encountered the problem and have posted terrific solutions that I would never have thought of. I have been raising chickens here in Pagosa Springs, CO for about six or so years... but I had chickens when I was a teenager. Back then, I decided to learn how to raise chickens and get fresh eggs so I bought a book, "Raising Poultry the Modern Way" by Leonard S. Mercia. That was my bible for everything I thought I needed to know about the subject. I built the coop that was pictured in the book, and away I went. But now, a whole new world is open because I can jump on the internet and learn more than I ever thought possible about how to take care of "my girls". I have enjoyed the creativity of all the types of hen houses and coops you have all built. And it makes me laugh when I see that I am not the only one out there who tries to repurpose stuff to use for my "projects". And yes, I really do need all these chickens! LOL Thanks for sharing and Kudos to you all for bringing this endeavor back to popularity with so much style.

CHICK-BRAIN-WEL-FARMER-CONN.gif
:frow

Back
Top Bottom