just set 4 pea eggs and 4 more tomarrow any one with me?

hovabator or an LG one? I know I could not get an egg to hatch at all last year but have good success this year. I started my one batch in a still air LG but moved the eggs after two weeks to a redwood incubator I found at a swap. I had 8 of 12 hatch in that first group. Now i just use the redwood one.

Last edited:
I am very sorry that it did not hatch for you.
sad.png

Well little Fredward is doing great but the other egg had trouble. It stayed half zipped for 24 hours and I decided to help. When it came out of the egg it had fluid under the skin of it' s head, neck and abdomen but was active and chirping. It was shrinkwrapped and stuck to the membrane. I don't know what caused the fluid under its skin but I think it was because the humidity was too high or not enough air flow in the hatcher or maybe because it took so long to hatch?

I did not think it would make it and was thinking of culling it. I've never had to cull anything before but I knew going into this I might have to. The next day the fluid sacks were gone and it was active and chirping. His toes were curled to the side though and he had gone spraddle legged because he couldn't stand on them. I made him some little paddle shoes out of bandaids and cardboard the shape and size of a quarter to straighten his toes and made a hobble to fix the spraddle legs. I checked his feet this morning and the toes look normal. I put the shoes and hobble back on though because the thread I found telling how to make them said to leave them on for four days to make sure they don't mess up again. I don't know why his toes are crooked, maybe because he was stuck in the egg so long. In case it was vitamin deficiency I have him and all my other birds on vitamins now.

So far he is okay, eating, drinking and pooping. I have him seperate from the other 2. Hopefully he will be okay. We are keeping him if he makes it. My husband named him Rocky since it's such a fighter. My husband has grown very attached to him. I' ve been cuddling it alot. In case the poor thing doesn't make it I want the time its here to be happy. Sure is a sweet little thing.

Some good news is my momma peahen finally decided to sit on some eggs. I think there were 8 in her nest. She is so cute doing her best impression of a rock trying not to be noticed. Hopefully since I put sand under the eggs none will get smooshed this year.

Back
Top Bottom