just set 4 pea eggs and 4 more tomarrow any one with me?

Im having a hard time with the patience thing now too!
sad.png

The chick made it out! Waiting for it to dry so I can take him out and cuddle him. I'll post pictures then.......if I can wrestle my camera batteries from my son and his darn game controller
roll.png

Poor little thing looks so lonely in the incubator ....must.....not....open....

My Java peahen or 1 of the 2 Spalding in the Java pen moved one of the 3 eggs out of the nest so I put them in the incubator. Have seen the male fanning but no mating so they may not be fertile. Time will tell. Wishing us all luck. Predators getting free range eggs so I've only gotten 6 - 75% Java chicks so far that a Spalding peahen hatched. 2 of my 75% Spalding hatches from last year are leaving our 5 acres.....have no idea where they roosted tonight. I'm putting them in jail when and if they come back. Neighbors feed them anything and everything which may be more tasty then the healthy food/feed I give them.....darn it!!!!

Does anybody know about how long it takes from internal pip to external pip on a pea egg? Only I've got an egg in the incubator that has been breathing (I took it out to candle yesterday and could hear the clicking) for nearly 24 hours now, and no external pip. It's making me nervous. This is one of the five eggs left behind in the nest by one of our broodies, so I don't know how old it really is. All of the eggs were different ages on candling, but they were alive. I just don't know if it's normal for pipping to take so long, and I can't keep handling this egg!
barnie.gif
I'd appreciate anyone's input.

set 4 purple white eye/india blue and 3 bronze black shoulder tonight along with 3 silver pheasant , 2 lady amherst and a bunch of melanistic ringneck eggs tonight, fingers crossed

Another 4 chicks this weekend 10 for 10 out of my blackshoulder pen maybe a couple purple chicks next week from pen of purples and more eggs from my BS to hatch next week end and hopefully some pieds the following week just wish all my pens were producing like my BS I still have not got any eggs from my pen of opals two 2 year old males in with 2 year old hens. Anyone looking for some bs chicks $17.50 each local pickup only no shipping

Back
Top Bottom