Just set a batch of 20 eggs..... UPDATE

Poison Ivy

Crowing
16 Years
May 2, 2007
Naples, Florida
I candled them this morning and found 2 that looked funny so I cracked them open. One the yellow yolk was broke & a funny off color. The other one had a large air bubble floating around in it. The others look great so I hope out of the 20 that are left really only 18 because 2 eggs are from my own flock. That I get some blue & splash colored birds. A few black would be ok too but really want the blue & splash colors. So wish me luck now is the hard part waiting the 21 days to see what I get. I'm excited and have checked the new incubator about 50 times since this morning hoping the temps & humidity are good So far so good.
fl.gif

Last edited:
:)Good luck Poison Ivy. It must be exciting hatching them yourself! Didn't you make the pink incubator? Don't forget pics!

good luck mate..it is so much fun that the outcome is really a bonus! I have had so much enjoyment with my boy out of our incubating internet eggs its crazy. And we only have 2 chicks to show for it so far...still going though and having a ball!

My eggs have been in the bator almost a week, laying on their sides, can I still put them in eggs cartons? Or should I leave them go. It takes so long to turn them by hand that the temp drops drastically til I get done.

That's why I put mine in a carton this time to save on time that the door is open. You could try it I also like that they don't roll all over the place too. The wire is not even and before in my small incubator I would turn them and they would roll back so I had to find a spot that they would stay in. When I get to the 18th day I was thinking of taking them out of the carton and letting them lay on the wire to hatch. That way they can roll the egg to crack it open and get out.

I candled last night and so far out of the one batch of 7 from the one lady only 3 are good and I'm iffy about the 3rd one. It's really hard to see in the egg so I will wait a few more days and try again. These are the ones I really was hoping to get a good hatch rate out of. But only 3 were fertile out of 7.

The 2nd batch from the other lady I was sent 18 several broke and I candled them and I'm down to 9 that seem ok but 3 i'm not sure about. I will also candle these again in a few days.

My 2 eggs from my SLW one was no good the other is due to hatch any day now as today is day 18.

good luck with the hatch im still trying to figure out a few things but i hope every thing goes good and you get a 100% hatch

Back
Top Bottom