just set eggs 9th june 2010 anyone with me

natchlaly

Songster
12 Years
Jul 2, 2007
east yorkshire UK
Have just set 13 Araucana eggs and 2 little pekin eggs. Anyone with me would love to share this experience. Second hatch and hoping for same result as first one 23/26 eggs. Bring on the chickies

I'm with ya! I've been letting them rest before putting my 12 BCMs eggs in the bator, but at 6pm, in they go! This is my first hatch, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
fl.gif
Good luck with your hatch!! I am really eggcited here!!!
wee.gif

Debbi

I'm setting mine at 1pm on Friday. Just got off the phone with my local farmer, and he's packing me a mixed dozen of Black minorcas, Sumatras
Australorps, Partridge cochins, and Blue bantam cochins. So I'm all excited, and guess what? He only asks $4 for a hatching dozen. CRAZY!!!!

Count me in !!!!
I just got 6 WCPolish and 6 GLPolish in the mail and I am letting them rest. But at 6:30 p.m. they are going in the bator. Yewwhoooo!!!

I am in with you. I usually put them in the egg tray and cook them but this time I'm thinking about laying them on their sides. Any suggestions?

I started 12 eggs on 6-6-10. Is that close enough to be included? Mine are SLW's and a hybrid (mutt) between SLW rooster and GLW hens. We'll see what happens. Today is day 3 and I'll be candling eggs tonight.

Dan

I put in 14 in the bator on the 5th, it's my second batch. My first set I got 9 hatched out of 24 or so. My one day old chicks started dropping like flies. It's was hart breaking. I got on here and read that bedding can some times kill a chick, I pulled all the bedding and had 4 make it. So my first hatch was not so good. Both set's were from my 4 road island red hens and 1 red star hen. Covered by a road island red rooster and a OB roster. Out my first 4, 3 look just like rir chicks and the 4th is a OB cross he/she is a hoss cat.

Back
Top Bottom