Just set eggs and temp went to 106

If you just set them and it wasnt that way long probly they will be ok. Candle them in a week and see if there are babies in there. Usually when you set eggs the temp drops for a little bit cuase the eggs are cooler and have to come up to bator temp.

Yes I never turn the bator up till I give the eggs time to come up to bator temp at least 4 or 5 hours longer if you have lots of eggs , it wont hurt them to be a little low if you wait to see but temp spikes will if they get to hot to long. Good luck , hopefully they will be fine.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I set some Coturnix quail eggs that were due to hatch this week. Well my incubator thermometer - the one I received with the bator - worked fine until I took out the turner and increased humidity in preparation for the hatch. It took my bator about 4 hours to get up to 99 degrees according to my thermometer. Then once I regulated the thermostat the thermometer read 86 degrees. I thought this isn't right so I placed another liquid thermometer in there. Well this one read 105 degrees, way too high, so I went out and bought a digital thermometer. It read 99-100 degrees, exactly where I wanted it to be. The old thermometer still read 86. I'm hoping the digital one is more accurate because that is the one I'm going by. I should know by the end of this week if the eggs hatch or not. Bad time for the thermometer to go faulty!

Here is some info on viability and temps....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 Below is a paste from it..... alot of info in the article and the links here.......

To understand more about embryo viability & temperatures
Please refer to the following links….

Some other ideas to help maintain heat in your incubator and great when you turn by hand is by adding some sterilized rocks,

or even several sealed jars with warm water or small ziplock baggies with warm water to fill the empty incubator spaces.

A full incubator of eggs always helps maintain a steady temperature even if it’s not good for your chicken math!

Back
Top Bottom