Just set my eggs!!!

My temp has been fluxxing from 98.4 to 102, but that's on my digital. I have 3 reptile thermometers in there, one reading 96, one reading 100, and one reading 102, so I figure if I averaged everything out its pretty close to 99. He's a very healthy and lively little guy chirping away!
Humidity is up 55% now. I've got a humidifier running next to it as well. I may add a bit more water tomorrow if it drops

Well I've had 4 of the standard frizzled americaunas hatch, but I'm not seeing any signs of hatching from any of the bantam eggs...
Should I be concerned?
In my experience bantam eggs being smaller usually hatched earlier... today is day 20... guess I still have 3 more days...

Alright, I came home from work to find a bunch more had hatched! I've got 9 chicks now, 7 are frizzle ameracauna, 1 is tolbunt polish and 1 is a show girl! Still 10 more eggs in the bator and 1 is pipped

Ok, my grand total isn't what I would have liked to see, but, this has been a great learning experience with shipped eggs.
I have 1 tolbunt polish, 1 from the mille fluer frizzle naked neck project, 2 show girls, though I had to help this last one out of the egg and it may be a bit crippled if it makes it... it's pretty healthy otherwise so we'll see... and 7 from the frizzled ameracauna group.
Now I think what happened here is the ameracaunas were the last ones I got in the mail, so they didn't sit around as long before being put in the bator, hence why so many of them hatched. I received all the other eggs much earlier (mon, tues, and wed, they didn't come till Saturday) so they sat around and were subjected to temp changes in my house and probably started to go bad...
So I'm going to try this again but with only 2 sets of shipped eggs and see if I get a better hatch rate.
Of the 10 that went into lockdown but didn't hatch, 8 were late deaths, one died shortly after day 14 with deformities and 1 seems to have died during lockdown but didn't seem to pip internally.

Back
Top Bottom