9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
I ordered 4 sets of eggs online;
Tolbunt Polish
Frizzled Americauna
Showgirls
Mille Fleur Naked Necks
My sellers sent me so many extras that I actually didn't have enough room in my turner for all the eggs. I tried to candle abd see if any had busted air sacs but the bulb on my candler blew after only a few...
I couldn't bear to leave any out so I sort of positioned them between the turner rows nestled between the eggs for support in hopes that the slow movement of the turner will keep them moving...
If that doesn't work then I guess I'll be hand turning...
Need good hatching vibes peeps!
Been preparing for this for a couple of weeks! I decided to try a dry hatch and have a humidifier in the room with the incubator. I use to hatch successfully all the time when I lived in Florida and this is the first time I'm hatching in Texas where it is considerably drier.

My little idea seems to have only partially worked... since I'm not 100% certain those extra eggs are being turned right I marked them X and O and I open the incubator a smidge real quick to turn them by hand every few hours.

Today was day 7 candling and I'm so happy with most of my shipped eggs results!
Of my 35 eggs that were all shipped, 25 are still good. Of the 10 I lost, 2 were tolbunt polish, 3 were frizzled americauna, and sadly 5 were from a beautiful mille fleur frizzle and smooth project, which left only 2 of those eggs in the bator... happily ALL of my shipped showgirl eggs were good, 5 of my tolbunt polish were still going strong, and the darkest and prettiest eggs from the americaunas are still good!

Today was day 7 candling and I'm so happy with most of my shipped eggs results!
Of my 35 eggs that were all shipped, 25 are still good. Of the 10 I lost, 2 were tolbunt polish, 3 were frizzled americauna, and sadly 5 were from a beautiful mille fleur frizzle and smooth project, which left only 2 of those eggs in the bator... happily ALL of my shipped showgirl eggs were good, 5 of my tolbunt polish were still going strong, and the darkest and prettiest eggs from the americaunas are still good!
So were any of the duds the ones that were stacked on top?

Believe it or not, only 1 of those eggs was a dud! But it was from the group of 5 naked necks, so I'm thinking those eggs were either infertile (4 didn't develop and 1 had a blood ring when I opened them) or they were handled too roughly during shipping

Ok, either I'm in big trouble or I'm doing something right lol! I just had a chick hatch 3 days early before I even put the incubator on lockdown!
I thought candle and lockdown was today, but when I checked my calendar it was supposed to be yesterday... oops! Got home and there was a chick under the egg turner and another chick has pipped. I took out the turner, layed all the eggs on their sides, and put water in the tray.
You think the rest of the eggs will be alright?
Oh, btw, the first to hatch was an americauna from the frizzle project, and one of the eggs thst had layed on topof the turner early on. Too soon to tell if his feathers are frizzled but I'll know in a few days :)

Ok, either I'm in big trouble or I'm doing something right lol! I just had a chick hatch 3 days early before I even put the incubator on lockdown!
I thought candle and lockdown was today, but when I checked my calendar it was supposed to be yesterday... oops! Got home and there was a chick under the egg turner and another chick has pipped. I took out the turner, layed all the eggs on their sides, and put water in the tray.
You think the rest of the eggs will be alright?
Oh, btw, the first to hatch was an americauna from the frizzle project, and one of the eggs thst had layed on topof the turner early on. Too soon to tell if his feathers are frizzled but I'll know in a few days :)
Oops! I think you'll be ok if you get the humidity up now that they are pipping.

Back
Top Bottom