Just showing off my sweet finches!

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
I'm thoroughly obsessed with these little boogers. :love They've bought my heart so much happiness in recent months, and I feel they deserve some recognition.

Meep Meep and Floofy, my Pied Zebra pair. Floofy is very wonky, both in appearance and personality. Her feathers are curly and adorable.
DSCN4749.JPG 20200409_141541.jpg DSCN5276.JPG
Tux and Mini Beep, a Black Cheek/Black Face Zebra male I recently invested in, and a Lightback female I hatched over a year ago. They just hatched out 5 babies. :celebrate
DSCN5158.JPG DSCN5165.JPG DSCN5026.JPG
Jaws and Beelzebub, two horribly evil male Gouldians. Jaws (Red-headed Yellow Back) is currently too young to sport adult plumage, but I can't wait for that day to come. He'll be lovely.
DSCN5294.JPG DSCN4871.JPG DSCN4890.JPG
And finally, Ceylon and Hoot, a bonded Spice Finch and Owl Finch pair. 😄 They're inseparable.
DSCN4957.JPG DSCN5290.JPG DSCN4842.JPG

🥰 They are all adorable. I love the Owl finch and a Spice 'pair' especially (neither of those species are available in my little country which is probably why). And I love Floofy. She's the finch version of a frizzle chicken.

I love all your finches 😍 They're all so beautiful!

I had three pairs of zebras, but I think either rats or a cat killed some of them so now I only have three left. My remaining three are all from separate pairs. I want to get some more but I don't want anything to hurt them.

I used to have gouldians, I even bred them, but two of them died from getting sick, one died in the heat and the rest (including the babies that were about to fledge) got taken by rats. I really want to get more because I absolutely love them, but I don't want to put any in danger.

I love spice finches too and would love to get some. I also love double bars (owl finches)! I want to get some, but here in Australia you need a licence to own them. I have actually seen some of them in the wild when I went bush walking.

I really want to get some more finches, but I want to predator proof my finch aviary first.

Thanks for sharing these photos of your gorgeous finches.

Back
Top Bottom