Just Starting from Oregon!

vikkiOR

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 11, 2015
So happy to find everyone and this site! I just moved to a farmhouse with no neighbors and an empty chicken coop in need of repairs. I am working on that now in anticipation of chickens. I have been doing a ton of research on breeds and love this site. I have 6 guineas that are 6 weeks old. I am going to wait to get chickens in the spring so as not to worry about the winter. I will be a regular gathering information and asking questions. I live in Maupin, OR (central). I have dreamed of this moment all my life and I finally got my wish. I plan on free ranging during the day and in the coop at night. They will be total pets .I am an animal person and I have rescued many animals and birds. I have 6 cats (all rescued), feed wild birds and have a friend who is a retired vet and helps me with all my new patients. I tend to dive in and ask questions later. I hope that doesn't get me in trouble! Glad to be aboard! VikkiOR

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

It's nice to meet you Vikki, Welcome to Backyard chickens
frow.gif
You may want to check out the' coops', section to see if the coop needs any modification and probably the predators threads also . They will pop up and make your acquaintance sooner or later. The Learning Center is a great place to start for any poultry ambitions.

Lastly I would suggest posting on your state thread to check in with others and see how they manage their birds and what breeds do best in your area.

Hi Vikki,
welcome-byc.gif

It sounds like you have some wonderful things planned, good luck with all your poultry. If you haven't found it yet, BYC has articles in the Learning Center about quail and there is a quail forum too:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/other-backyard-poultry-ducks-quail-turkeys-geese-etc (Learning Center articles)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail (Quail forum)

Always feel free to ask questions. There is a ton of information available and a lot of helpful members.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom