Just starting out (silver foxes)

They are doing pretty good. Onyx has been chasing Ruby around a little bit. No growling or any other aggressive noises. They are staying in the temp. home for a few more days. Its in our office/bedroom so we can keep an eye on them. We've tried a little banana and carrot but they want nothing to do with it. They both sniffed my hand and the treat, Ruby runs away after a quick sniff and Onyx stands on her back legs and sniffs at my face/arm. But they do take hay when I offer it from my hand...

They both have ear tattoos and their personality is so distinct I'm getting really good at telling them apart.

I will keep a watch on the bottle.

Mine eat whole carrots, but prefer peels for whatever reason. They also love celery, especially leaves. And kale--DH works at whole foods and made nice with the produce guys who send bunny and chickies treats home occasionally.

Thats awesome, I'm hoping to get started on some micro greens this week. We have celery in the fridge, I'll try that tomorrow.

We found a buck and he is blue! We named him Topaz and he is very very unsure of everything :[[. Once he hears us or when he can see us he just sits in the corner, he hasnt eaten or drank much water. When I take him out he does what I would consider normal behavior (sniffing me, ears perk when he hears something and he sits in my lap nicely).

Ruby and Onyx are doing great. When we do anything near the food bowl Onyx begs for pellets by standing on her back legs and giving me little nibble kisses :p Its like having another dog.

Its supposed to get warmer here so we will be building the permanent homes soon.

We found a buck and he is blue! We named him Topaz and he is very very unsure of everything :[[. Once he hears us or when he can see us he just sits in the corner, he hasnt eaten or drank much water. When I take him out he does what I would consider normal behavior (sniffing me, ears perk when he hears something and he sits in my lap nicely).

Ruby and Onyx are doing great. When we do anything near the food bowl Onyx begs for pellets by standing on her back legs and giving me little nibble kisses :p Its like having another dog.

Its supposed to get warmer here so we will be building the permanent homes soon.
I'm glad Ruby and Onyx are doing well. I love does that are like dogs.
smile.png

Since Topaz isn't drinking much right now, I would make sure to offer water in both a water bottle and dish/cup, just in case he's more comfortable with one form of drinking. Rabbits won't eat if they don't drink.

Oh, I'm so jealous of your blue buck! I love my George, but have fallen in love with the blues. There was one up on craigslist, but we have no space nor can I justify purchasing another at this time. Hopefully Topaz will calm down as he has a chance to adjust.

His coat is so beautiful. From no one having any bucks to finding a breeder with a couple blue was very exciting.

He drank half of his bottle from the time I re-freshened it (around 6:00) to now (11:30pm). And I finally see some healthy poop! He's still really jumpy but definitely calming down.

Today we had to separate Onyx & Ruby. Onyx was chasing Ruby around, humping her and biting. Ruby is oky, actually she is a lot more active now that they are not together. I'm not sure if the new aggression had to do with the Topaz...

Now Onyx has decided the food bowl is the perfect place to pee, half a cup of pellets in the trash. She has also decided to try and climb the wall separating her from Ruby, we added a pice pf cardboard to prevent her from hurting herself. :[ I cant wait till the new cage is built.

Back
Top Bottom