Just starting out

barnesinsights

Hatching
Feb 24, 2015
Hi! My husband and I just got some land in Arkansas and are starting out small with 6 chicks. (I'm pregnant and getting anymore seems a bit overwhelming at the moment.) I've been looking on this site for years and am so excited to finally have some chickens! Any advise for a first timer is greatly appreciated...

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, I would suggest reading through our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is a lot of useful information there. What part of Arkansas are you from? I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and still love that area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What breeds are you getting?

This site has a vast amount of information. If you need help with something specific post a question and there is always someone that can help.
If your just starting out I would recommend 2 books. 1) Backyard Chickens for dummies. 2) Chicken Health for dummies. These were the two most helpful books for me when I first started and I always keep them handy for referral.

Welcome to BYC and good luck with your new chicks.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, I would suggest reading through our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is a lot of useful information there. What part of Arkansas are you from? I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and still love that area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What breeds are you getting?

We are in Royal! I grow up coming to Hot Springs and Lake Ouachita during the Spring/Summer, so happy to be living here. Thanks for the advice! I'm looking around the learning center now.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

The Learning Center is definitely a great place to start.
smile.png
If you can't find answers to some of your questions, just ask! We'll be happy to help in any way we can. Have you thought about which breeds you want yet?

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Hope you find all the info you're looking for! Feel free to ask any questions!

Back
Top Bottom