just starting

Podnick

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 22, 2011
San Francisco
What a wonderful site! I haven't got my chickens yet, or even my coop, but as I look around, I keep seeing the BYC site as the best for any information on chickens.
So I'm looking for chicks to buy in the San Francisco Bay Area. Any advice?
Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana and yes it is a wonderful site , glad you joined !

Hi there!
frow.gif
Welcome from western Kentucky. So glad you decided to join us! You have lots of company here on BYC -- lots of Californians on here! As for advice, the best advice is to go to the FAQ section, the "chickens 101" section, etc. Go to the home page and start reading there. This site is chock-full of helpful, valuable info, and there are many friendly, helpful people on here who are generous with their time and expertise. Take advantage (in a good way!) of their experience and knowledge -- some on here have been raising chickens for many years, and have basically seen/done it all, including the joys and sorrows, the triumphs and the tragedies, and sometimes the downright strange and inexplicable. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get acquainted!
caf.gif

Before we got our hens I made sure we were able to keep them within city limits. Luckily I live in a country town that allows any kind of livestock within city limits as long as the animals don't cause a nuisance to the neighbors. Translation: no roosters. San Francisco might have limits on flock size or roosters so just double check before you get your girls. Good luck!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom