just starting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Podnick, May 22, 2011.

1. Podnick

Podnick Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    San Francisco
    What a wonderful site! I haven't got my chickens yet, or even my coop, but as I look around, I keep seeing the BYC site as the best for any information on chickens.
    So I'm looking for chicks to buy in the San Francisco Bay Area. Any advice?
    Thanks!

2. GLBRWyans

GLBRWyans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG] from Louisiana and yes it is a wonderful site , glad you joined !

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. You might want to try going to the social section "Where am I? Where are you!" & postint in one of the California threads.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! [​IMG] Welcome from western Kentucky. So glad you decided to join us! You have lots of company here on BYC -- lots of Californians on here! As for advice, the best advice is to go to the FAQ section, the "chickens 101" section, etc. Go to the home page and start reading there. This site is chock-full of helpful, valuable info, and there are many friendly, helpful people on here who are generous with their time and expertise. Take advantage (in a good way!) of their experience and knowledge -- some on here have been raising chickens for many years, and have basically seen/done it all, including the joys and sorrows, the triumphs and the tragedies, and sometimes the downright strange and inexplicable. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] from NC! I lurked here for awhile too before I got chickens. It's nice to be able to learn a lot before you dive in!

6. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!! [​IMG]

8. emeraldcowgirl

emeraldcowgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Klamath Falls, OR
    Before we got our hens I made sure we were able to keep them within city limits. Luckily I live in a country town that allows any kind of livestock within city limits as long as the animals don't cause a nuisance to the neighbors. Translation: no roosters. San Francisco might have limits on flock size or roosters so just double check before you get your girls. Good luck! [​IMG]

9. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by