Just the goose?

I don't want to breed, so breaking up a nesting pair would be heartbreaking for all involved it sounds like.

Honestly, separating him from her wasn't too hard on either of them. She didn't seem to notice for the most part because she was nesting in an enclosed space and only came off the nest once a day to drink eat a bit and take a quick bath. He was a little more chatty but so much better behaved when he had the whole yard to himself. He could still talk to her when she got off the next but wasn't chewing on all the chicken hens' faces. He was not a gentleman for sure.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with your geese.

No problem. I can rattle on about just about anything forever. lol

My geese grabbed my little Chihuahua rat terrier mix through the fence once, pulling her hair. Boy was she spitting mad, snapping at them and trying to get them, while they made a great noise about it which I swear was laughing. :D Otherwise they run from my dogs thankfully.

I'm sure they thought it was very funny indeed. Mine aren't scared of them, but they aren't not scared of them. It's more like an uneasy respect.

I can talk geese year round, I love mine!
This is however the first time I’m wintering some so we’ll see how it goes.
So far so good, everyone is in a big new coop which is part “bedroom “ and with a huge open play area. There’s plenty of water to drink and they can wash their heads, but no outdoor baths.
Historically when I had ducks I’d bring them in and put them in a warm shower for a half hour or so, (I have a very understanding hubby). Not too sure I can do the same with three geese but I’ll post pics if I do. Should be funny!

Back
Top Bottom