Just to be clear

Windle

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Yorkshireman living in Surrey uk
Evening all,

thank you to all that message yesterday about helping some new born hatchlings in one of my post that has now been deleted by admin.
Just to be clear on the situation!! The duck eggs were wild and had to be brought in due to the mum & dad being eaten by a fox. I did knock up an incubator and 2 of the 3 eggs has survived and hatched, once they are old enough I’m going to release them on to our large fishing lake so they can be wild but if they don’t take to it or can’t be released I will be handing them to a sanctuary. So who ever reported my post due it being illegal to raise wild birds don’t worry there not going to be pets!!!! But here a cute pic of one keeping warm

Attachments

• 2CD897BB-7F82-477C-8467-5C257B518BC9.jpeg
    2CD897BB-7F82-477C-8467-5C257B518BC9.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 19
You can't just release hand raised animals. They won't know how to survive in the wild. It's best to just give them to a sanctuary. They might be able to teach them how to live in the wild there, and if not, then they will be able to keep them.

You can't just release hand raised animals. They won't know how to survive in the wild. It's best to just give them to a sanctuary. They might be able to teach them how to live in the wild there, and if not, then they will be able to keep them.
Thank you for that, I’ll give them a call in the morning and get someone to come out.

A lady video called me today from the sanctuary and said they aren’t taking anything in due to the pandemic (which I call rubbish on). But she also said I did the right thing and there thriving and because they were on private land (mine) and not public there shouldnt be legal problems in raising them till they are able to take them in... me, mrs & kids are already quite attached to the cute little buggers and I seem to have a partner in crime with one lol

Attachments

• D44BBD4E-7033-49A7-B96E-4D250C0E7E70.jpeg
    D44BBD4E-7033-49A7-B96E-4D250C0E7E70.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 12
A lady video called me today from the sanctuary and said they aren’t taking anything in due to the pandemic (which I call rubbish on). But she also said I did the right thing and there thriving and because they were on private land (mine) and not public there shouldnt be legal problems in raising them till they are able to take them in... me, mrs & kids are already quite attached to the cute little buggers and I seem to have a partner in crime with one lol
Awww!
I’m glad you were able to get ahold of someone. Our rehabilitation centers for wildlife in Wisconsin is all run by volunteers, I wonder if this is why they can’t take them in at the moment.
If she isn’t too overwhelmed at the sanctuary, you may want to give her weekly updates on the ducklings so she is in the loop.

Awww!
I’m glad you were able to get ahold of someone. Our rehabilitation centers for wildlife in Wisconsin is all run by volunteers, I wonder if this is why they can’t take them in at the moment.
If she isn’t too overwhelmed at the sanctuary, you may want to give her weekly updates on the ducklings so she is in the loop.
I’m in the uk and she didn’t say much more than that but as you can see Quacky Chan is quite happy and Duck Norris has taken to my mrs & girls. It will be hard eventually handing them over but it has also shown the kids that if you take your time and nurture things anything is possible. Plus this has made me thing about getting some that we are allowed to keep

I’m in the uk and she didn’t say much more than that but as you can see Quacky Chan is quite happy and Duck Norris has taken to my mrs & girls. It will be hard eventually handing them over but it has also shown the kids that if you take your time and nurture things anything is possible. Plus this has made me thing about getting some that we are allowed to keep
Love the names! Glad they found you to take care of them.

They hooked you!! Poultry is addicting!!!

Back
Top Bottom