Just waiting...

I got the notice that my eggs have shipped. They should be here tomorrow. I set up the incubator tonight to make sure it's working. I'm so excited. It's almost like waiting to find out if you're pregnant. LOL
I’m expecting too! Mine arrive today. 22 blue eggs. I was told to set them fat-end up for 24 hours before popping them in the incubator. Did you get the same advice?

Yes, this is correct. They need to rest 24h hours bottom to top after shipping.
Danke! I see you're in Germany. I work for a German company (Plato) out of Lubeck. I keep checking on my colleagues, many of who are now friends, to see if they're okay. Now to convince them to raise quail and be ready for the next pandemic!

Not saying you shouldn't let them sit for 24 hours but I've never let my shipped eggs sit for longer than a couple hours max. I get very good hatch rates. So I personally don't think it is a necessity but you can certainly do it... my $.02

Last edited:
Not saying you shouldn't let them sit for 24 hours but I've never let my shipped eggs sit for longer than a couple hours max. I get very good hatch rates. So I personally don't think it is a necessity but you can certainly do it... my $.02
Yeah, I suspect it's one of those things that doesn't hurt but there's little proof that it helps. It's funny how we tend to overthink things that birds do every day with no instruction manual.

Came home from getting two root canals and my package was waiting! I put them in the incubator right away. I hadn't heard to let them sit. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom