Just want to brag about my cinnamon Queens

Congratulations! Your girls look like my girls and I think they're totally awesome, too.
Started laying at 16 weeks 3 days and like you we get double-yolkers, especially from two named Tibet and Golda. Aren't they the nicest birds! I call mine golden comets, I'm sure it's the same thing. In the last month we've averaged 11.5 eggs daily.

I have 14 of them and DO THEY EVER lay big eggs......and daily too. I call mine Red Stars but I think the names are interchangeable. They are soooo friendly too.

Glad to hear you braggin'

Mary

Quote:
OMG those are some BIGGGG eggs!
wink.png

Cinnamon Queens are different from Red stars in that the CQs have white tail feathers.

I think they are a more beautiful bird.

Quote:
Red Sex-Links are the result of various crosses. White Rocks with the silver factor (the dominant white gene would produce all white offspring) are crossed with a New Hampshire male to produce the Golden Comet. Silver Laced Wyandotte crossed with New Hampshire gives the Cinnamon Queen. Two other crosses are obtained with Rhode Island White x Rhode Island Red, and Delaware x Production Red. These two crosses are simply called Red Sex-Links. Males hatch out white and, depending on the cross, feather out to pure white or with some black feathering. Females hatch out buff or red also depending on cross, and they feather out in one of three ways.

Buff with white or tinted undercolor (such as Golden Comet, Rhode Island Red x Rhode Island White)

Red with White or tinted undercolor (Cinnamon Queen)

Red with Red undercolor (Delaware x Production Red) (In this color pattern it is almost impossible to distinguish daughters' color from father's color.)

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sex-links/BRKSexLink.html

Back
Top Bottom