just want to let you know!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by annie3001, Dec 18, 2009.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Ha!!! its cold here!!!!! its 9 degrees outside here in CT!!

THe Girls (all hens) are toasty with their heat lamp!!!!!! I ended up leaving it on all night long!

2. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

3. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    Connecticut winters are nasty! We're in CT, too; our poor birds chose to molt right before the cold started coming in. They get lots of extra hay, though (and they have a warm coop)[​IMG]! No heat lamps here (because heat lamp = wires + mice = [​IMG])

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lived in Ohio for 12 years. Worst weather of anywhere I'd ever lived. 25 degrees below zero with snow and ice. Yuk.

5. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like our cold front finally got to ya there Annie. Sorry about that. I tried to keep it here! I actually prefer that kind of cold. It beats the heck out of rain any day of the week! Keep in mind that I was born and raised near Seattle Washington. And what they say about it raining all the time? It's absolutely TRUE Every word of it! [​IMG] So, snow and freezing temps are a welcome change for me.

We got down as far as minus 4 overnight just a week and a half ago. Now it has warmed up on the thermometer, but I swear it feels colder because it's so damp! [​IMG]

We too used the heat lamp for our girls. It's amazing how warm we can keep that coop. But, of course we also insulated it when we built it. We already knew how cold it could get here long before we got our first flock. And, of course, since it's my persistent habit to spoil all of my animals.................. [​IMG]

6. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    im in CT too! its coldddd! i had a heat lamp going for my duck buttt my mom made me unplug it [​IMG] he's got bagsss of leaves and tons of bales of hay. stay warm buddy!

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank goodness I'm in California!!! [​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay everyone!! we are expecting a huge snow storm!!!!! UGh!![​IMG] this is how i feel about it!

i work for an airlines first thing in the am! ugh! starting at 415am!!! looking forward to the drive in!!!

a message to fellow passengers: Please be kind or i will not help you. [​IMG]

Oh and to the airline passengers: i do not control the weather!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by