just want to make a comment

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
sometimes, we all post things, their is also the "view" well, its quite annoying and upsetting. because more people view than actually answer the question! i think the "view" should be eliminated from the threads. Now you can take a look and see the "viewed items" much more hits than replies. hope this made sense. just frustrating.
hmm.png

That is very normal for a message board.

No one is able to reply to every single thing they read and shouldn't be expected to.

Sometimes it is because they don't have an answer or see that what they would have said has already been said or they are not interested after reading the first post.

It's not a big deal.
smile.png

If I had an emergency I didn't know how to deal with, I would be much more comfortable following one or two people's advice if there were 30 views rather than 5.

Also many at the board are just learning as well and viewing your post hoping for an answer as well. Another reason is often that the first reply was the correct answer so others remain silent. This is a great forum and one of the best for getting fast help or advise or even laughs I have seen....

Cheers, Bill

Where is this "view"? I have never seen it, is it something that you have to have a paid membership for?

I view a lot of things that I don't respond to, for a few reasons, some are...

*I am waiting for someone to answer because I don't know the answer myself...

*Other more experienced peeps have already answered...

*I look at a lot of what is the gender pictures, but don't respond because I really don't know, so I make my own guess then come back later and see if I was right...(trying to learn)

*Sometimes I look thinking it is a chicken post, and once opened find it is a duck or other animal post that I no nothing about or don't relate to...

*Sometimes the subject titles are deceiving and once opened it turns out to be something different than I thought...

Just my opion. But I have learned alot from reading threads and not posting. I will veiw a thread if I am interested in the answer as well and learning something new. I think it would be a shame to do away with the "veiw".

Quote:
On any forum page -- but not on the index page, or after you click "recent posts." Got to index, then click on a forum like Emergencies or Random Ramblings, and you will see it. At least I think you will!

oh yes, and anytime you try to search anything with chickens the byc forum topics are always right there, so anyone who is not a member can also view your posts but cannot comment.
Google is how I found BYC in the first place, I was trying to find information about my new chickens...

I think it would be very interesting to see how many people actually viewed my posts.

Back
Top Bottom