Just wanted to say...

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I read something last year, this couple decided to test if your phone is listening to you, even with Siri and all that junk turned off. They had been out somewhere and spoke with people about something random, and next thing you know their “random” ads are about that.

They decided that for a week they would talk about cats. They didn’t have a cat, never had one, and they didn’t do any searches on it. Within a couple hours they were getting cat related ads.

I’ve noticed this stuff happening, my kids will ask for something they saw on tv, we will discuss it, I didn’t look it up, but next thing you know, I’m getting ads for it.

As an IT professional my husband tells everyone, if your phone, tv, Alexa, whatever responds to your voice, it’s always listening, and anyone with access to it can be listening as well. Alexa is always listening for its trigger commands, just because it doesn’t respond to the rest, that doesn’t mean it isn’t over there listening.

I read something last year, this couple decided to test if your phone is listening to you, even with Siri and all that junk turned off. They had been out somewhere and spoke with people about something random, and next thing you know their “random” ads are about that.

They decided that for a week they would talk about cats. They didn’t have a cat, never had one, and they didn’t do any searches on it. Within a couple hours they were getting cat related ads.

I’ve noticed this stuff happening, my kids will ask for something they saw on tv, we will discuss it, I didn’t look it up, but next thing you know, I’m getting ads for it.

As an IT professional my husband tells everyone, if your phone, tv, Alexa, whatever responds to your voice, it’s always listening, and anyone with access to it can be listening as well. Alexa is always listening for its trigger commands, just because it doesn’t respond to the rest, that doesn’t mean it isn’t over there listening.
Eggxactly!

that's why I won't have any of that---scary!

aaaaaagh yeah technology is scary
wait tv's respond to voiceS? hm

Back
Top Bottom