Just wanted to show off my Silkie as a new mom (updated photo)

OMG! I have an identical silkie (Yolkahauntus) who hatched out some eggs as well! Only one of them was hers. Her babies are 6 weeks now and she is a WONDERFUL mom! I was worried, as she never struck me as the most stable chicken, lol, but she is so great with her babies
smile.png
Congrats!

How beautiful!!!!! Maybe some day I will be so lucky!!! If you get a chance, look at my post and give me some info on raising chicks with silkies, PLEASE???? LOL!

Great Pic. Your little family is precious. Living in a green but soggy part of the country I sometimes look @ silkies like ???? WHY??? But lately, after seeing so many great pic's my minds a changin". There is something to be said for FUZZ and not just on the butt. Have Fun
ya.gif

Quote:
Thank you! I thought it too cute and needed sharing.
smile.png

Quote:
She is about a year old. She hadnt layed her first egg til about a month before she went broody. I was starting to wonder if she was only pretending to be a hen. Happens sometimes with those tricky silkies.
wink.png

Quote:
Silkies make awesome broodies! No need for an incubator with a few of these around.
smile.png

Quote:
Raising chicks with a silkie mom is a snap. When she goes broody: (she will sit down tight and snarl when you come near.)

A. Give hen a nest
B. Give hen food and water close by
C. Give hen fertile hatching eggs
D. LEAVE HER ALONE - if you dont want to loose a limb
lol.png

E. Impatiently wait 21 - 23 days
F. A few days before the chicks are to be born, make sure there is nothing the babies can fall down or get trapped under
& switch to chick food
G. Let momma chicken do the parenting.

That's it!

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments, I feel quite blessed by the new little babies and this whole experience.

Congratulations! They are gorgeous. I have my black silkie sitting on 8 mixed eggs. We'll see what happens 20+ days from now.
fl.gif

Good luck with your new additions!!!!

Crack N' Egg :

Congratulations! They are gorgeous. I have my black silkie sitting on 8 mixed eggs. We'll see what happens 20+ days from now.
fl.gif

Good luck with your new additions!!!!

Thanks, I wish you luck!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom