just went to the dentist...

ems_chick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Morganton, GA
and spent $940.08
th.gif
on six fillings! a work for the county govt and we have really crappy insurance.
barnie.gif
i wish i could get better insurance... that money was in my new house fund, my poor boyfriend almost had a heart attack! it seems like every time we take a step forward we take two steps back.

That is the main reason people do not go to the dentist because the costs are sky high even if you DO have insurance!!! We go next week, praying for no cavities with me or my 3 teens!!
Just be thankful you don't have to go to an orthodontist-I've got 2 in braces!!

We have great dental insurance and I still don't go. I ended up crying the last time because I was in so much pain
hit.gif
They can't ever numb me enough. They might as well hit me over the head with a hammer
idunno.gif

The one thing in the world that SCARES me .....
The dentist!!!!
hide.gif

My wife has to drive me to my appointment - I had a really bad dentist as a kid (think Steve Martin in Little shop of Horrors:eek:)
I had a root canal when I was a kid - when I needed one as a teen I was freakin out - I didn't know that dentist's used novacaine! Yup a full root canal and crown with no numbing. I am glad I know better now!

it took me almost 2 years to talk my bf into going to the dentist. he finally did and i am soo happy about it... he had one cavity that we refered to as the "gaping maw"

My first year at a real job, I got $1000 for dental for each me and hubby with my health insurance and I took out an extra supplemental dental plan for $1000 each. We spent all of that and an extra $900 the first year. The second year we spent all $4000 and just a few bucks out of pocket. I finally dropped the second insurance and we are up to date.

Neither of us had dental insurance growing up or in college. We were 25 when we could finally afford to fix years of neglect. So $900 may seem like a lot now, but I'd rather have it fixed as it happens than let it go and have it cost thousands more later. Or have to get dentures at 40.

After a lifetime of pain and trouble and expenses I went one day and said - pull 'em! Pull 'em all, I'm done.

Still cost $8K with fixing all my bottom teeth up but that was 5 years ago and I haven't stepped foot in the dentist since. Not only that, but I have no pain and can eat anything. Best thing I ever did. The dentist tried everything to talk me out of it. Now I know why - the piggy back has slammed shut for him!
big_smile.png

My problem with dentists is that I've gone to three different dentists and had five root canals. Of those five root canals every single one has cracked, broken or just fallen out. The dentists are always thrilled to see me come back in the door with their shoddy work laying in the palm of my hand so they can replace it to the tune of 600 bucks. No more. I just had the sucker pulled.

I went to the dentist yesterday morning. I had two very small cavities filled. I was shocked when I was told that I owed 200 dollars. What is a little funny is that while I was in there, the dentist asked about my chickens and if I had any young layers for sale. I said that I had a few young layers that I was thinking of selling. He could not believe it when I told him I could get $15 easy and problably could get $20. I like him so I was thinking to myself that I'd get with him in a few days and sell for the lower price. Until I was presented with the bill. Uhhmmm!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom