just when i said i was done hatching *UPDATE* a out and 2 pips!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NewChickenMom, Oct 6, 2008.

1. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    well, my tom cat (who is no longer mine) ate all but one of my showgirls. i then had to buy more, i ended up with 34!!!

i now have about 20 eggs left in the bator, most are showgirls with a couple from my own birds for fertility checks.

day 21 for them!!

i have one white silkie chick out and 2 pips!! i had one hatch and then die, which is weird. so far, no showgirls, but i have plenty of eggs left to hatch!!

send hatching vibes my way!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I am on day 10 with the serama eggs so 8 more days to go for me. Good luck with your hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Good thoughts from here!!!

Cats that eat chickens end up named Speed Bump here, or Target, or Paint Ball if I'm feeling generous.

I can't imagine losing that many birds to an animal. I'm so sorry.

As to BEING DONE HATCHING... Yeah right. I'll believe that when it happens. I've seen a LOT of "I'm quitting for the winter" interrupted by well "I just HAD TO..."

The enablers here are going to help you with the anti-goal.

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, sorry you lost your babies to the "kitty" I know how it feels, I have a dog that no matter what we do figures out how to get into the runs and has got a few of mine !!!!! [​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch, hope you get lots of babies !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    day 21 and only one out with 2 pips (who have been pipped since day 19!!) still waiting on all the other eggs!!

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Go chooks GO!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by