just when i think ive seen it all.. anyone know what these are?

cochinGurl

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
bellingham
I came accross this picture on a pigeon breeder facebook group, some one posted it asking what they are. Ive never seen anything like it, so unique and punk, i love it! Id love to know what breed these are, or if they arnt a recognized breed if anyone knows any info about the project or who is breeding them id appreciate it. otherwise, enjoy the pic of these awesome pigeons!

Some sort of Rock Pigeon. I know nothing about pigeons, so I googled pigeon images. Appears to be a few varieties. The bill is the giveaway.

all domesticated pigeons are decended from the rock dove, so technecally you right. There are over 200 breeds of pigeon in the US.what i meant though is what breed or mix of breeds these may be, or if they are a new project im curious who is breeding them. Just thought id post here to see if anyone knew any info on them :)

I am pretty sure they are not a recognised breed of fancy pigeon. I think they must belong to someone who is trying to create a new breed.

The body shape and coloration resemble a Gimple or Archangel pigeon.

The head shape is rather like an Antwerp Smerl or short faced tumbler breed.

I suspect he has crossed several breeds to get this result. The crest is very nice looking. It would be nice to see this develop into a popular breed.

Back
Top Bottom