Just when you think you have everything under control......

Thank God my Sapphire Gems are too dumb to even leave the run. Though I do have a 9 lb Jersey Giant hen that has notions every so often. Fortunately at 9 pounds she can't run too fast. :lol: She'll stretch that head out like a thoroughbred at the finish line but that massive body can go only so fast.
my Sapphire Gems are too dumb to even leave the run.
I have 4 of those, one of whom used to be the wandering, rebellious, stay out late teenager, until the 6' fence was installed. S They'll be.hens in March.

Thank God my Sapphire Gems are too dumb to even leave the run. Though I do have a 9 lb Jersey Giant hen that has notions every so often. Fortunately at 9 pounds she can't run too fast. :lol: She'll stretch that head out like a thoroughbred at the finish line but that massive body can go only so fast.
PIcs of of the giant hen please! 💕
🐔

Well, your Pickle was in a pickle :p I also have 2-3 hens which don’t want to come inside in the evening and prefer roosting in trees, bad idea, we have raccoons and martens here, so, when it’s dark, it’s almost impossible to see them in the tree , let alone get them out of there, so I call all my chickens before it is dark to get them into the coop, but … those mischievous hens run around the coop , me behind them, but they don’t have fun, we are all stressed out! Me, trying to get them into the coop, running between trees, getting branch whipped ( doesn’t improve my mood) the hens; OMG, she wants to eat us 😓… after about 3-7 times, they finally go in , and I am done in 🙄

fun, we are all stressed out! Me, trying to get them into the coop, running between trees, getting branch whipped ( doesn’t improve my mood)
This was me, a couple month ago. 🤪 Then thought to lure them with shaking the treat container, and throwing the treats inside the run/coop door, which worked for most of them. Still had to herd a couple, getting branch whipped by low apple branches. Now they all obediently go in by/before dark, thankfully. The 19 week olds are finally getting it, and the same age cockerel seems to be last in, lately. Yay! Hope it gets better for you.

Thanks, one of them is from 2020 🙄 I do have sunflower seeds to lure them inside, but the stupid ones run outside of the fence, trying to get in instead of using the entrance like the smarter chickens…
This is a common problem for me. Sometimes even the "smart" ones can't figure it out. My favorite is when they go back in the run to get a drink and get "stuck" pacing the fence where the rest of the flock is out digging in the grass. :th

My issue isn’t my hens, it’s our A&$Hat Beagle. When he won’t come in with the other dog I loudly yell “NO COOKIES FOR YOU!” And then he comes running.
Now my chickens come running when they hear that too… and my neighbors think I’m odd…
Hahaha 😂 I can relate. My neighbors call me snow white because I always have random animals following me everywhere. Lol too bad they don't do chores like they do in the movie. :lau

My issue isn’t my hens, it’s our A&$Hat Beagle. When he won’t come in with the other dog I loudly yell “NO COOKIES FOR YOU!” And then he comes running.
Now my chickens come running when they hear that too… and my neighbors think I’m odd…
Sounds like ‘No Cookies For You’ is your beagle’s actual name. Or name he has chosen for himself!

Back
Top Bottom