Just wondering about these 2

mamazoucha

Hatching
Nov 29, 2015
Geneva, Fl
I bought 10 pullets approx. 4 weeks ago. These 2 seem to look a little different. Any ideas on male or female? Could it be different breed have different feathers and combs. The stock they come from is a mix of sorts. The Hens were Ameraucana, Sussex, Plymouth Rock and Orpington, They were covered by a RIR and Favorelle roosters. The Black one is approx. 23 weeks old and the red one is 21 weeks old.

Any help on these would be great.

~

I bought 10 pullets approx. 4 weeks ago. These 2 seem to look a little different. Any ideas on male or female? Could it be different breed have different feathers and combs. The stock they come from is a mix of sorts. The Hens were Ameraucana, Sussex, Plymouth Rock and Orpington, They were covered by a RIR and Favorelle roosters. The Black one is approx. 23 weeks old and the red one is 21 weeks old.

Any help on these would be great.

~
No feathered legs, so the Faverolle was not the father. The fluffy cheeks probably came from the 'Ameraucana' hens. With the yellow skin, those 'Ameraucana' are more likely Easter Eggers. They are both cockerels.

Thanks everyone that is what I thought, just wanted more opinions then my own novice opinion.

Any ideas on what to do with Roosters when all you want is Hens for egg production?

Thanks everyone that is what I thought, just wanted more opinions then my own novice opinion.

Any ideas on what to do with Roosters when all you want is Hens for egg production?

All of our extra roosters are sent to freezer camp. I understand that that isn't an option for most people though. You could try selling/rehomeing them.

Yes, both are boys!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom