Just wondering any Military

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrilhb, Mar 5, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Is there any military or retired military out here in BYC land? My husband did 22 1/2 yrs in the Army. Just wondering.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    I'm retired, served 22 years in the Navy.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Me. DH was in Civil Air Patrol as a kid, then ROTC in high school, then 5 years in the Air National Guard, then went active duty Air Force after we married and served 20 more years. We live on only his AF retirement monthly, which was the whole point of staying in, even though the gov't reneged on the "free medical for life" promise. Still, our insurance is currently not too bad, as long as we can find a doc who'll take it--and there aren't many around where I live.

4. chickengrl

chickengrl Songster

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy and retired as a Commander and my husband also spent 20 years in the Navy. We are happy to finally be settled down and not have to move again.

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    yay. I just figured I would take a survey and see how many are on here. Thank you for your service.

6. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    My wife and I both served 21 years in the Air Force.

7. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I did 20 years in the AF and DH did 22. I think there are lots of us here...

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My husband didn't retire from the military but he is a disabled vet and the money he gets from the VA is our main income. Thank goodness for the health care as well or we wouldn't have health coverage.

9. FutureHomesteader

FutureHomesteader In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2010
    Groveland
    Just wrapping up 6 in the Army NG in June. Taking some time off to finish getting my Nursing Degree and will prob reup into a medic or something. No more Infantry for me!!

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    My father is retired military (Army) as well as 2 brothers served,one was Marine and other one Navy.Brother inlaw Army,nephew Army,niece army and son Army.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: