Just wondering how long do your.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jan 17, 2012.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    toiletries last your family. Just me and my husband here and it sure seems like we go through a lot of bar soap?

I guess that is a good thing too! [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    So do we (go through a lot of soap). I would love to make homemade soap but I do not know where to get lye.
    We also go through a lot of laundry soap. [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

A bar of soap lasts me two weeks in the shower.

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Something funny is the cheap thin hotel soap bars last almost as long as the bigger bars. I think they melt in the shower.

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Hubbo likes the 2-ply Charmin, and it costs us $20 a month. Think about it, 20 bucks to wipe your end.[​IMG]

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Soap don't last long here, kids melt it in the water.[​IMG] Tp, husband uses almost half a roll a day. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Yep, bar soap just does not have much of a home around here. We found the Kroger house brand of soap in a bottle that is "just like Dove" really is. A bottle lasts a long time and it leaves even my old rough weathered hide a lot softer and less itchy. When compared to the cost of bar soap it figures out a good bit cheaper. Since my job has me around greasy and dirty tractors and mowers all day I've found that Palmolive dish soap is a good replacement for the fancy(and expensive)mechanics hand cleaners and it's a lot better on the skin than other "degreaser" hand cleaners too!

As fot TP........I'm not going there!!!

8. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Years ago somebody told me that you should take your bar soap out of the box and let it harden/air dry, from the moment you bring it home from the store. I think the idea was that the soaps with moisturizer in them are partly "cleansing cream", which is a liquid, and liquids liquefy more quickly than solids. That is, they melt faster. So, if you air dry them for a good bit before you use them, they supposedly last longer. Theoretically. Nothing in my house lasts long....I have two teenager/young adults. Don't get me started on toilet paper, or milk.

mm

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

In this house, we go through tons of toiletries! About soaps, the glycerin types don't last long at all, as they will "melt" if left in the shower. The hubby doesn't like those types, so we get the regular bars.

10. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    My laundry soap last for ever now.....especially just for the 2 of us. I buy it from Melaleuca and it is one pump per full load or partial pump for smaller load.

We do go through a lot of tp too lately but only if because it is Walmarts cheap crap. I love the Costco tp and it last us like 4-5 months for a pack of it. It is good quality too. Don't know if it is worth going just for that though :/ but I want to. Almost worth it to me to not have to buy it or worry about it for 4-5 months.

That is a lot of the reason I get the stuff I do from Melaleuca comes by mail right to my door. I don't have to lug all that stuff from the store to here. Also it is is chemical free and can be cheap if you use it right!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by