Just wondering how long do your.....

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
toiletries last your family. Just me and my husband here and it sure seems like we go through a lot of bar soap?

I guess that is a good thing too!
smile.png

toiletries last your family. Just me and my husband here and it sure seems like we go through a lot of bar soap?

I guess that is a good thing too!
smile.png
Yep, bar soap just does not have much of a home around here. We found the Kroger house brand of soap in a bottle that is "just like Dove" really is. A bottle lasts a long time and it leaves even my old rough weathered hide a lot softer and less itchy. When compared to the cost of bar soap it figures out a good bit cheaper. Since my job has me around greasy and dirty tractors and mowers all day I've found that Palmolive dish soap is a good replacement for the fancy(and expensive)mechanics hand cleaners and it's a lot better on the skin than other "degreaser" hand cleaners too!

As fot TP........I'm not going there!!!

Years ago somebody told me that you should take your bar soap out of the box and let it harden/air dry, from the moment you bring it home from the store. I think the idea was that the soaps with moisturizer in them are partly "cleansing cream", which is a liquid, and liquids liquefy more quickly than solids. That is, they melt faster. So, if you air dry them for a good bit before you use them, they supposedly last longer. Theoretically. Nothing in my house lasts long....I have two teenager/young adults. Don't get me started on toilet paper, or milk.

mm

In this house, we go through tons of toiletries! About soaps, the glycerin types don't last long at all, as they will "melt" if left in the shower. The hubby doesn't like those types, so we get the regular bars.

My laundry soap last for ever now.....especially just for the 2 of us. I buy it from Melaleuca and it is one pump per full load or partial pump for smaller load.

We do go through a lot of tp too lately but only if because it is Walmarts cheap crap. I love the Costco tp and it last us like 4-5 months for a pack of it. It is good quality too. Don't know if it is worth going just for that though :/ but I want to. Almost worth it to me to not have to buy it or worry about it for 4-5 months.

That is a lot of the reason I get the stuff I do from Melaleuca comes by mail right to my door. I don't have to lug all that stuff from the store to here. Also it is is chemical free and can be cheap if you use it right!

Back
Top Bottom