Just wondering why does my Peking duck have leg feathers?

Apr 28, 2020
Montgomery County Pennsylvania
I have a Peking duck that has leg feathers and I am wondering why he is the only one with it. His ducklings had the same thing even though the hen did not. I thought bantam chickens only had feathers on the feet. 0A943D9A-ACAA-474D-8C64-60CDB46BDE5F.jpeg 1DF960D7-1161-49F2-ADEC-556766FC2FA3.jpeg

So he has a trait that is caused by a different gene mutation then in chickens. And the amount of leg feathering is going to slowly increase every year and with only 13 years of development into them there is definitely more potential and ducks that have this trait are sometimes know as a Snyder Duck so I hope this helps and that probably explains why his ducklings have it the trait probably passed down to them

So he has a trait that is caused by a different gene mutation then in chickens. And the amount of leg feathering is going to slowly increase every year and with only 13 years of development into them there is definitely more potential and ducks that have this trait are sometimes know as a Snyder Duck so I hope this helps and that probably explains why his ducklings have it the trait probably passed down to them
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom