just yakkin, no questions

Wolfie2

Songster
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
South of Houston
Let the little ones outta the hoopcoop where I've been keepin 'em. They had outgrown their "brooder" cage. Didn't wanna just throw them in with the Ladies so they have been locked in for the past couple weeks. they are about 2 months old now. I opened the door after the ladies went into the pasture for the day and they will not be back inside until about an hour before dark. I'll see how the unification program goes.

Thanks for the good wishes. 5 Ladies, about 4 yrs old, 1 Aracauna 2 red sex links and 2 leghorns. 10 Barred Rock littles.. Guess you'd call 'em pullets, a little over 2 months old.
When the Ladies came in yesterday evening, there was mostly calm. The young'uns were a little flighty, Having not been in direct contact with the ladies but close for a couple weeks now. No chasing or pecking except for a little " you're too close to me" type stuff and so far this morning looks like the same. 2 Ladies on the nests, 2 stayin outta the sun under their coop and the last, checkin out the hoop coop, with the littles scratchin the mulch in the run. I'm callin it "so far so good!

Back
Top Bottom