Kalmbach 17% Hi-omega/Hi D

MountainFireflyAcres

In the Brooder
Has anyone tried this particular feed from Kalmbach, it looks very promising as a good feed after some initial research I have done. It is the 50lb bag of layer with added omega 3 and added vitamin D to it, non-organic labeled "all natural" with product code 1717SUM, via Kalmbach website.

I have spent an hour looking for price and cant find anything on that, any one order it lately?

thanks for any info,

Brian

Ok, you have probably seen this, but I see the Hi Omega Hi D feed at a store in New England is $16.85 compared to $27.75 for 40 lbs of the organic, $18.75 for the Non GMO & $12.25 for the 16% Pellets. Judging by what I am going to pay for Organic ($28.99) I am guessing your Hi Omega Hi D would be $2-4 more than the regular 17% Layer pellets in your area. Not much help, but my guess is $16-18?? Could be less, as I know I used to pay a higher price for Nature's Best (a PA company) than many were quoting around the country before it went to TSC. Have you called any of the feed stores that might be near you in NC from the Kalmbach site? Sorry for chiming in on this again.

I actually did call a handful that are within reasonable distance that Kalmbach stated carry the brand. They all just had the basic layer formula, and a few are supposed to see if they can order the Hi omega Hi D and give me a call back, that was lunch time today, still waiting on them to call back. if I Don't hear anything by tomorrow I may just try calling the company itself to see what might be able to be done.
I also looked online for retail dealers and came up with little to nothing, the only people offering it are selling it at triple the price.

-Brian

I went to pick up my organic Kalmbach today & the feed store was super busy. Well instead of the $28.99 they quoted me, the girl said it was $35.99! I knew I could straighten it out later or find out they gave me the wrong quote. I am really excited about the ingredients in this feed & all the way home was thinking I will now have to continue my search, because I will not pay that much! I called when I got home & it was actually $28.99, so I will try it for the next month or two & see if it's worth it to me. Hope you find out good news on the feed.

I went to pick up my organic Kalmbach today & the feed store was super busy. Well instead of the $28.99 they quoted me, the girl said it was $35.99! I knew I could straighten it out later or find out they gave me the wrong quote. I am really excited about the ingredients in this feed & all the way home was thinking I will now have to continue my search, because I will not pay that much! I called when I got home & it was actually $28.99, so I will try it for the next month or two & see if it's worth it to me. Hope you find out good news on the feed.
I feed kalmback to my girls and they loved it, just the layer crumbles. It cost 13.71 a bag, can't imagine paying 30.00 a bag. The only problem was it would look more like a mash and I would have to wet it so they would finish it off, they did love it wet tho..

I feed kalmback to my girls and they loved it, just the layer crumbles. It cost 13.71 a bag, can't imagine paying 30.00 a bag. The only problem was it would look more like a mash and I would have to wet it so they would finish it off, they did love it wet tho..

Yea, that's $28.99 for their organic not their regular.

Not sure where you are in PA, but if you are close to hagerstown md,River City sales kalmback they may have a better price. Very nice family run store.
Thanks, but I'm in SE PA not that close. I realize we get higher prices here always. Nature's Best was always higher than in the rest of the country & it's made only 3 hours from here. It is what it is! Kalmbach organic is $4 more than NB that I can only get now at TSC. I like the specs better & want to give it a try. It's pushing my upper limits, but I eat the eggs & want the organic. Thanks!

One of the feed stores in my area called me back today on the Kalmbach. They said they don't carry it right now but if I give them a heads up they will order it for me. This is for the "all-natural" , non organic 50lb bag of Kalmbach 17% pellets high omega, high D, I believe it was quoted at $19 for the bag. very happy! I may try organic in the future but right now I'm trying to be conservative on the $$ since I will be having 50 chicks arriving the first week of April.

I have been seeking the best feed for the money and comparing all the brands I can get my hands on and so far this one is by far the best based on the nutritional values and ingrediants. I owe finding this directly to Cindy in PA in a response to my other post she replied about feeding this brand. When I checked out the stats on it....I was sold. It is so far the only one that isn't lacking in any of the required nutrients of chickens minus Niacin, which so far I have not seen any of the brands list a amount for.

-Brian

Back
Top Bottom