Kalmbach Feeds

$13.40/ bag of “All Natural Flock Starter” pellets.

We are in Ohio, maybe that helps the price? We are in a agricultural area and Ohio has a lot of chickens, so maybe volume helps. We buy 50Lb bags of oyster shell too to supplement in a separate container.
I’m sure that not having to ship so far helps. That’s a great price.

I’m sure that not having to ship so far helps. That’s a great price.

yes, it’s good! The chickens seem to do well on it. When we had quail, we used Hubbard Feeds game bird crumble (another Ohio feed company), and Kalmbach game bird. There was a definite benefit to either of these feeds over another couple of brands we had used. We use the Kalmbach just got chickens now. It’s been good!

Has anyone Ordered chicken feed from chewy? I’m wondering how fresh it is? They have the OP food for 16.99 and they carry my dogs food so I could get both delivered for free. I’m interested in finding the show feed in a mini pellet and as it contains animal protein but the closest place to purchase is 75 miles away(if they carry it)
I’m getting so frustrated with my local feed stores. They keep the feed in the back then load it for you, Then they load bags that are 2-3 months old. It may just be worth it to me to drive once a month down there if they guarantee it’s mill date within a couple weeks of purchase and carry the show feed I want.

I do religiously!
The food is very fresh and it gets to your door in 2 to 3 days.
I only do the feed store deal if chewy is out of stock.
BTW, they just added.the entire kalmbach line, even meatbird and scratch. :)
Has anyone Ordered chicken feed from chewy? I’m wondering how fresh it is? They have the OP food for 16.99 and they carry my dogs food so I could get both delivered for free. I’m interested in finding the show feed in a mini pellet and as it contains animal protein but the closest place to purchase is 75 miles away(if they carry it)
I’m getting so frustrated with my local feed stores. They keep the feed in the back then load it for you, Then they load bags that are 2-3 months old. It may just be worth it to me to drive once a month down there if they guarantee it’s mill date within a couple weeks of purchase and carry the show feed I want.

I am looking for some reviews from those that may use Kalmbach feeds.
It looks like a really quality product when comparing ingredients of other manufacturers. I notice nearly twice the level of vitamins. Looking forward to hearing from those who use this feed. I am thinking of trying the 20% Flock Maker. After all I do have a mixed flock of Chickens, Turkeys, and Quail.
View attachment 1988560
I feed the Kalmbach Henhouse Reserve for layers, no complaints with egg quality or production. The big plus is that my girls LOVE it, I had them on pellets and tried fermenting prior to this feed, they were never excited to eat that. And to be honest, I wouldnt be too excited to eat food in pellet form either. The henhouse reserve has stuff in it that is actually recognizable food! There are peas, sunflower seeds, carrots and other seeds. I just ordered a bag of their chick starter from Chewy.com because I will have chicks hatching in a few weeks, Im excited to try this one out. Highly recommend!

Not with chewy, iv'e bought 50lb bags of the layer for months and this month a 50lb bag of scratch too.
The only downside is the fedex guy really, really isn't fond of me. ;)
That's the problem with ordering feed online, they usually only sell smaller bags. Glad you caught that before ordering!

I did see a couple products that are 50lb bags but they aren’t what I’m looking for and still close to $30. I’m not really interested in mash type products, I prefer a balanced pellet and use grains as a treat so I know they are getting balance and not picking and choosing and layer feeds don’t work for me the protein and vitamins aren’t high enough for breeding. My dog food is the same size and price as I get locally so that would of worked. I may just call the dealer just to see if show formula is available and price but my guess is it will be more than I’m willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom