Kane is sick and driving me up a wall!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Kane ate something he shouldn't have - we suspect pecans with the shells intact. His tummy is bothering him.
He's having alot of gas and must think that he needs to go out to go potty every time he gets a gas pain, so he's whining to go out every five minutes, around the clock! His tummy is not bloated and he is able to potty, but he's constipated somewhat.
We are out of pepto-bismal. We were going to buy some more today when we go to town, but we're hesistant to give him any, since he's already constipated.
It's frustrating to get woke up to take a dog out at 4 AM, only to have him fart.
barnie.gif

Get some metemucal(sp) When my daughters dog was constipated thats what her vet recommended Or feed him some high fiber bread. That will also help coat what ever is bothering him.

gas x does well for relieving that excess gas...a few slices of bread soaked in olive oil or the cheapest, greasiest canned dog food, the whole can, will blow him out and get rid of the junk he ate...just don't stand behind him for about 24 hours...

Last edited:
Hope he's OK. Whenever large dogs have abdominal problems, I start thinking of torsion of the stomache. Many years ago I lost a German Shepherd dog to that in a very short period of time.

Quote:
I start thinking that too, after I lost a chihuahua to a bowel perforation. Kane seems to be his usual self. He hasn't been whining today as he was yesterday and this morning.
I'm keeping a close eye on him.

Glad to hear that he is feeling a little better. I second the gas-X. I have had to use that for one of my dogs....he will drive me nuts if he has a gassy belly. I can't decide if he wants to eat or go out. But he asks for both over and over again.

Glad hes feeling better! I also second the gas-x chewable pills..
Keep us informed..
fl.gif

Or you could just send him to me..

Whatever you do gritty. Don't light any matches inside the house.
1.gif

Imp- worriedly

BTW- Hope Kane feels A-OK soon and you get your rest.

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. Kane seems to be feeling fine today. I'm going to pick up some gas-x for the next time; just in case there is a next time.

Back
Top Bottom