Kane's first bark

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, May 14, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Our GSD pup Kane is now 5 1/2 months old. Last night when I had him out for a walk, he barked for the very first time.
    It was a VERY deep-throated bark - just what you'd expect from a puppy built like a bulldozer. I know that if I were approaching someones yard and heard that bark I'd be heading the other way. [​IMG]

Okay, so he was barking at DH's jeep that just happened to be parked somewhere other than it's usual spot, but still....... [​IMG]

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Ah, well... sometimes I have a hard time "barking" about the right things too. [​IMG]

Mine like to bark at invisible things only they can see. Makes for interesting times around here.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I love it when they are little and notice things like that - hey, grrrr that jeep does not belong there - what a smart guy! [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My 6 month old GSD barks at the grass sometimes...
    Still though it is a nice bark!

5. redturtle

redturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    stanardsville, va
    my pup barks at "misplaced" objects also....its the funniest thing....no problem if its where its supposed to be
    she has just started barking in her dreams...she wakes herself up and looks at ME like "what are you barking at"...lol

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Guys! Guys! They don't bark at nothing. They bark at grasshopper farts. That's the excuse we use for Jax's barks anyhow. [​IMG]

7. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Ha! My dobergirl, Ruby, was pitching a fit barking at a new blue spruce tree I planted yesterday. What a protector! LOL

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:LOL!
    Tonight Jax suddenly became frantic to get behind the recliner I was sitting in and he was pretty persistent about it. So persistent in fact that I was sure a rodent or other creature had gotten in the house (not something the lazy cats would notice). I looked to see what he was after and realized that DH had plugged the flashlight from one of his rifles into the power strip to charge and it had a red dot flashing to show it was charging.
    Jax loves (what we call) "Dot" aka laser pointer. He knows exactly where I hang Dot. All I have to do is say "Dot" and he'll run and stare at the hook it hangs on. He will play with Dot for hours, until his sides are heaving and he falls over breathless.
    If a dot ever breaks into this house, watch out! Jax has it covered. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by