Kankakee Illinois Bird Swap 10-7-07

The last Kankakee bird swap this year is Sunday, October 7th.
(only 3 weeks & 2 days till swap!!)

The swaps will then start up again April 2008.

Christie
smile.png

I missed the Belvidere Bantam Show up @ Boone Co. Fairgrounds at the end of the summer
sad.png
. Will the Kankakee Bird Show have chickens or just birds? I would like to obtain some Maran & Ameraucana/Auracana birds (pref bantams) for eggs for home-use + gifts. I'm 1 hr south of Rockford & about 15 miles south of Northern IL Univ/DeKalb. Know of anyone around here that has the above types of birds for sale???

We had a small flock (6) bantam hens when we lived in town (on an acre but we were 4H & had really GOOD neighbors <g>) but gave them away when we were going to sell the house. We figured the less it looked like Green Acres the easier it would be to sell (it WAS in the middle of the Chicago suburbs <g>). Anyway, now we have 10 acres in the middle of the corn/bean fields & no chickens!

If you know of any poultry farmers in my area that have birds for sale, please let me know. Thanks!!!

TammyD

Arrgghh! I have to go to MO this weekend on Fri & come back on Sat. (picking up 2 big poultry fans my uncle found @ the Tyson farm for cheap) Supposed to have gone down a different weekend & combined the tasks but things went awry (kinda negates the savings $ on these fans but oh well). It's almost the end of summer & (hopefully) fly season but need the fans for the horse barn, anyway. So, won't get to go to Kankakee, either. Bummer!!!

TammyD

5 more days I cant wait!!!!

We do so well at these shows ( I would encourage anyone who is in the area and havent checked it out do so you will not be disappointed) we always sell out and usually fast at the exact moment everything is gone is when my fun begins. I love going out there and meeting all the animals cant wait to see what I end up with. First stop will be inside though really need to stock up on bird toys. Then its off to find a peacock hopefully the guy will be there he wasnt last month and I really had my heart set on a peacock that was almost all white that had turquise markings on the head and tail. I am so excited I really love this show.

Has anyone been to the Big Rock shows? Went last month and was really disappointed not very much of anything just wondering if all the shows were like this?

Back
Top Bottom