Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Pics
Quick Question:
Some of my girls are laying LIGHTER eggs than before.
D7F2354F-2E46-49DA-84F9-4CE544E24055.jpeg

These aren’t white, they are like pale beige. They aren’t Blanche’s, hers are white.
Is it normal for this to happen?

When I had my 3 EE, their tone of color would also change slightly. (BTW each of them layed a different color. ) I think it may have some to do with what they eat. When they free-range, they pick up different minerals that may affect the ink production.
You were on that family get-together, and DH stayed behind,
Hubby was sharing his wiskey with the flock :old :idunno
1618897606925.png

When I had my 3 EE, their tone of color would also change slightly. (BTW each of them layed a different color. ) I think it may have some to do with what they eat. When they free-range, they pick up different minerals that may affect the ink production.
You were on that family get-together, and DH stayed behind,
Hubby was sharing his wiskey with the flock :old :idunno
View attachment 2626093
You are right!!! Hahahaha! Lol 🥃🐓
Who knew chickens like Jack & Coke?

I am home. I drove back yesterday. My fur and feather babies all seemed really happy to see me!

So this morning I did lockdown in my incubator. Four of the eggs didn’t really develop but the rest look good as far as I can tell. So now we watch and wait.
View attachment 2624834
So exciting!

Quick Question:
Some of my girls are laying LIGHTER eggs than before.
View attachment 2625598
These aren’t white, they are like pale beige. They aren’t Blanche’s, hers are white.
Is it normal for this to happen?
As Patsy got older her eggs faded from dark brown to light brown. But that was over the years. How fast has this happened?

As Patsy got older her eggs faded from dark brown to light brown. But that was over the years. How fast has this happened?
Three weeks.
Rich mentioned in a post above that a change in their diet could affect that, and we have begun letting them out in the yard for a few hours in the late afternoon/evening at about that time.

Three weeks.
Rich mentioned in a post above that a change in their diet could affect that, and we have begun letting them out in the yard for a few hours in the late afternoon/evening at about that time.
I've not heard of that but why not. Nutrition and diet effects a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom