Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Yesterday I got the chicks I ordered from “Chickens for Backyards”. I ordered six, they sent two bonus chicks, (an extra RIR and an extra Lavender Orpington). So there are eight!
I’m so excited for my newest babies and hoping they all make it. They seem healthy.
The other birds are a SLW, a GLW, and (attn. @BY Bob) TWO white Leghorns .
View attachment 3062761View attachment 3062762
❤️❤️❤️
View attachment 3062878
What a wonderful assortment you have here. I can't wait to watch them grow up. Especially the you know which ones. 😁

I see you posted your order list. :old
View attachment 3062922
Is that Lavender Orpington possibly from this source???

View attachment 3062931
Hey! Hattie does not appreciate your stereotyping!

20220411_072426.jpg

That is the meanest look she has. She is just no good at it. :confused:

I picked up this second-hand brooder from a couple who raise chickens. I found their ad on Craigslist.
View attachment 3084426
It’s not pretty but it’s very well made and very sturdy. After I cleaned it up it looked pretty good. It has two heat lamps if needed, one on each end. I have one on, on one end, so they can warm up if they like, or not.
So I transferred the babies from my spare bedroom this morning.

View attachment 3084442View attachment 3084438View attachment 3084439View attachment 3084440View attachment 3084441

They seem happy. The leghorns are flying around in there, lol.
Of course they are flying. They are birds! 😆

Kathie,,, are you able to keep roosters in your flock?? Sure is a handsome fellow :highfive:
I’m able to. I hadn’t wanted any. Until now I was “lucky”. But everything is a new adventure in chicken keeping for me, so I just hope he is a good boy.
He IS pretty cute.
I’ve heard all the horror stories.

Back
Top Bottom